User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkydh View Post
    I found a manual. The top has to come off to get to the right side panel. No access from the front. Just having to remove the closet door and part of the door trim to get it out plus undoing the vent is just a lot to take on but I need to do it. Once I have it out I have no problem getting to the cause and fixing it. Looking at the schematic is what makes me think that door switch is the issue or some wiring to it.
    Can you send the link to the manual?
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Can you send the link to the manual?
    http://www.splendide.com/service/Trainman63X.pdf
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW Jeff.

Looking at that mess, make me not want to ever work on those.
    The door lock or the start switch does look like a good place to start since it is a no go situation.

Good luck. Let us know what you figure out. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW Jeff.

Looking at that mess, make me not want to ever work on those.
    The door lock or the start switch does look like a good place to start since it is a no go situation.

Good luck. Let us know what you figure out. KEN
    I just hope I can get parts. I enjoy tinkering with this stuff but getting to a point I can tear it apart is my next hurdle. I agree that the door switch area is where I’ll start. It may be a while before I can start on it but will keep you posted.
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our washer quit last week,(splendide) called the service number and they walked us through the issue. Main board, 234 bucks to replace. The unit is only 2 years old. The help to fix was great, but reason it broke was a lame excuse about it being powered up and not used that much since we don’t full time. We always have power in the unit except when in tow. SO, if it quits again going to a different brand like Samsung or LG. The make small models that will fit our RV with very slight modifications and the warranties are much better

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin. Shankle View Post
    Our washer quit last week,(splendide) called the service number and they walked us through the issue. Main board, 234 bucks to replace. The unit is only 2 years old. The help to fix was great, but reason it broke was a lame excuse about it being powered up and not used that much since we don’t full time. We always have power in the unit except when in tow. SO, if it quits again going to a different brand like Samsung or LG. The make small models that will fit our RV with very slight modifications and the warranties are much better
    All the new washer are very sensitive to incorrect power or power spikes. I recommend the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C Hardwire 50 Amp RV Surge Protector provides full RV protection against all adverse power conditions. You will feel secure with multi-mode surge, voltage, polarity and lost/open neutral protection. ( or something similar ) KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the dryer out of the rv closet. Fun, fun. Tore into it looking at the door switch. What I found is the bottom thermostat is open and one wire going to it was burnt off. Tons of lint and hair on the inside. Good thing that hot wire didn’t touch the chassis. A spark would’ve lit that dryer up. Ordered a new thermostat. Cleaned out the lint and now just wait. The online schematic didn’t show the thermostats. Found the correct print inside the dryer. What an adventure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the dryer out of the rv closet. Fun, fun. Tore into it looking at the door switch. What I found is the bottom thermostat is open and one wire going to it was burnt off. Tons of lint and hair on the inside. Good thing that hot wire didn’t touch the chassis. A spark would’ve lit that dryer up. Ordered a new thermostat. Cleaned out the lint and now just wait. The online schematic didn’t show the thermostats. Found the correct print inside the dryer. What an adventure.
    Good job. Many, many times there is a short to the thermo or element. Usually that won't stop the dryer from turning unless it's inline with the motor in the wiring diagram.
    Hopefully you can plug it in before reinstalling it into the closet.
    KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job. Many, many times there is a short to the thermo or element. Usually that won't stop the dryer from turning unless it's inline with the motor in the wiring diagram.
    Hopefully you can plug it in before reinstalling it into the closet.
    KEN
    It’s the lower unit inline with the hot side prior to going anywhere in the dryer. I plan on hooking it up prior to putting it back together. Finding the right schematic just backed my wire tracing. Can’t believe that little thing is $35. Ripoff.
    2015 Solitude 379fl

Jeff & Kathy
    Central Indiana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff
    Share your fix and problems you found with pictures if you can. That will help others down the road.
    KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast