User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

353G modifications?

Our dealer has is offering me (what I think) is a killer deal on a 353G they have on the lot. I was curious if anyone has made any of the following modifications to one (or to other floor plans) and can give me some insight.

1) Change the queen to a king. I know that’s a factory option but the one on their lot doesn’t have it , and I really need my space. I found the part numbers for the night stand counter tops but not the cabinet.

2) Remove the loveseat and add dinette. It has the full size couch option which I like (want the tv In front of the couch, not beside) but I’d like to pull the love seat and have a dinette there instead.

3). This one would be the toughest. Practically All floor plans from all brands are this way and I can’t figure out why. The loft bed. I want to close off the loft bed from the main living area, and have it accessible from the garage instead. Why the hell does no one have that? Am I missing something? Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claym325 View Post
    I want to close off the loft bed from the main living area, and have it accessible from the garage instead. Why the hell does no one have that? Am I missing something? Has anyone ever tried this?
    I had a couple of experiences sleeping in the same airspace as my toys with a previous toy hauler where the unit was one single room (18') with fold up couches and loft bed. In my case one experience was with a Suzuki TL1000S and the other was with a Yamaha YZF750R.

The TL decided to start leaking fuel in the middle of the night for some reason causing my mom and I to vacate the trailer and stand outside in the parking lot at 2am while I mopped up gas and drained the tank. The YZF experience was a little less dramatic. It had some noxious race gas in it that made me unload it and park it outside every night while travelling.

My guess is that's why nobody does that. I think it's also why toy haulers are required to have cross ventilation openings.
    signature

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claym325 View Post
    Our dealer has is offering me (what I think) is a killer deal on a 353G they have on the lot. I was curious if anyone has made any of the following modifications to one (or to other floor plans) and can give me some insight.

1) Change the queen to a king. I know that’s a factory option but the one on their lot doesn’t have it , and I really need my space. I found the part numbers for the night stand counter tops but not the cabinet.

2) Remove the loveseat and add dinette. It has the full size couch option which I like (want the tv In front of the couch, not beside) but I’d like to pull the love seat and have a dinette there instead.

3). This one would be the toughest. Practically All floor plans from all brands are this way and I can’t figure out why. The loft bed. I want to close off the loft bed from the main living area, and have it accessible from the garage instead. Why the hell does no one have that? Am I missing something? Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks for any help.

Did you purchase the 353? curious where you are as the local dealer near me has one on the lot, but the best deal I could get to with them was not “killer”. I am going with a dealer 3+ hours away and waiting a month.
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 What is killer deal? In the low 60s?

I too am planning on dropping the love seat and putting an Ikea table there. Queen is fine for me. And I to plan to figure out a way to access the loft from the garage. Most of our toys are either electric or water based. We just need the garage for kids/guests/office versatility.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you purchase your 353G if so what’s your thoughts on it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been living in ours for 3 months now and really like it. I have done a few mods to make life easier with 2 kids like took out the back sofas and added shelves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t. The floor plan just wasn’t right for us. We tried to like it (mainly because the dealer was gonna give us a SMOKING deal on one) but just couldn’t, and the bigger Momentum’s were too much for my 3/4 ton. We decided on a Reflection because we would rarely take our cart with us.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen one model with the bunk entry in the garage, but cannot for the life of me remember which it was. We looked at a bunch.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rogue adrenaline 371a13 has it, and I believe one heartland model has it. We were leaning towards getting the rogue but I went and took a third look in the rain and it had a terrible leak. Did some digging on them, and found out they’re total junk. But when I saw the leak the dealer told me because of that they’d sell me the 353 at the same price (62k)