User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Hello...how did you make out..had a look at 303 today( thanks Richard). If we buy one I wold like to install toppers. However on the curb side dining room side slide out it looks like the awning hardware awning arms may interfere with the topper arms.

Can slide toppers be installed on the curb slide dining room slide. Pictures and material list is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Hi Mulligan,I did contact Granddesign and they suggested not to put slide toppers on a 303 reflection
    or any reflection,because they are not an option on reflections ,only for solitude line of campers.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    Hi Mulligan,I did contact Granddesign and they suggested not to put slide toppers on a 303 reflection
    or any reflection,because they are not an option on reflections ,only for solitude line of campers.
    I've seen slide toppers on a number of Reflections and the owners had no issues. The reason you were given seems pretty weak, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I've seen slide toppers on a number of Reflections and the owners had no issues. The reason you were given seems pretty weak, too.

Rob
    Oh,I know.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Hi Rob. I called Grand Design to ask about slide toppers on our Reflection 150 Series 295RL. I received the same recommendation - toppers not recommended on Reflections. Their justification for the recommendation was very weak - "not factory installed, so not recommended." Like you, I've seen them on Reflections, and some I've seen were dealer installed. My dealer even gave me a quote on them. There doesn't seem to be a technical reason for Grand Designsp's position on this. Just wanted to support your commentary. ��
    Mike
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2017 303. we requested slide toppers installed as well as a second awning. The dealer called me last week saying that they could not install both an awning and a slide topper on the dinette slide out, so we went with the slide topper.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    Hi Rob. I called Grand Design to ask about slide toppers on our Reflection 150 Series 295RL. I received the same recommendation - toppers not recommended on Reflections. Their justification for the recommendation was very weak - "not factory installed, so not recommended." Like you, I've seen them on Reflections, and some I've seen were dealer installed. My dealer even gave me a quote on them. There doesn't seem to be a technical reason for Grand Designsp's position on this. Just wanted to support your commentary. ��
    Mike
    I put them on mine and I have not had any issues in 2 years. I don't see it as a problem either.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    Mike
    Resolve it with confidence either way by asking for the framing diagram for the slide box and wall - they will provide upon request. It may be the lighter Reflection does not have sufficient framing to tag an awning track onto or structure in the box for the roller support arms. You definitely do not want your fabric track, for instance, anchoring to laminate only. You want some of those many screws to find a home in the tubing. I was actually really surprised by the different in framing between the two 5er lines when seeing heavily deconstructed units at the FSC.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think it has anything to do with the framing/support mounting ability. I think from GD's perspective is less holes in trailer that they put in, less chance for warranty work. Dealers install lots of them because it is a huge money maker for them. They are practically useless anyway. Maybe.... MAYBE....If you are a full timer. And that is a big stretch. They claim they protect your slide, and seals. BS. Your slide is built to be exposed. Water wind rain and sun still hit the sides.... water still gets between the slide and the cover. Sure.... it absolutely keeps the leaves off.... but nothing 3 minutes a step ladder and a broom cant fix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Chris & Allison
    2018 GMC Denali 2500HD
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    SWB w Anderson Ultimate

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth1025 View Post
    I dont think it has anything to do with the framing/support mounting ability. I think from GD's perspective is less holes in trailer that they put in, less chance for warranty work. Dealers install lots of them because it is a huge money maker for them. They are practically useless anyway. Maybe.... MAYBE....If you are a full timer. And that is a big stretch. They claim they protect your slide, and seals. BS. Your slide is built to be exposed. Water wind rain and sun still hit the sides.... water still gets between the slide and the cover. Sure.... it absolutely keeps the leaves off.... but nothing 3 minutes a step ladder and a broom cant fix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I spoken to a number of people with slide toppers. The topper over the fridge slide out helps keep the heat from the direct sun light off the slide roof so the fridge doesn’t have to work as hard. That alone is a good reason to put on the topper on that slide out. Also helpful if your travelling and have to close up slides in the rain. Helps keep the trailer drier inside when slides come in.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiansteelman View Post
    I spoken to a number of people with slide toppers. The topper over the fridge slide out helps keep the heat from the direct sun light off the slide roof so the fridge doesn’t have to work as hard. That alone is a good reason to put on the topper on that slide out. Also helpful if your travelling and have to close up slides in the rain. Helps keep the trailer drier inside when slides come in.
    I agree with both of the reasons that you have here. Also don't need to go up there and sweep it off or bring dirt in.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast