User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just received our Reflection 303rls on Thursday 7/15, and I would like to put toppers on all of our slides also. Doe anyone have a good brand to use and where to order them? I will be putting them on myself.
    Reflection 303 rls
    2021 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ standard bed 6.6 gas engine
    B&W hitch with puck system

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAiman View Post
    We just received our Reflection 303rls on Thursday 7/15, and I would like to put toppers on all of our slides also. Doe anyone have a good brand to use and where to order them? I will be putting them on myself.
    I put Solera on my 297RSTS. So far so good. Easy enough to do as well. I would do an internet search for best price including shipping and buy from there.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    I'm late (only by a year and a few months) to this discussion. I am adding slide toppers to our 2022 Reflection 337RLS. The comments and photos in this thread are very helpful. I have a couple comments:

Our Reflection 337 came with cloth rails mounted from the factory. So, I don't understand why Grand Design said slide toppers should not be mounted to Reflections - unless earlier model years were not designed to have toppers???

My big struggle now is how to mount the curbside slide topper. It is crowded with an awning mounted on the slide, and the main awning mounted right next to the slide. It looks like I'll have to mount the topper brackets onto the trim of the slide, and move the topper down towards the back of the trailer. Is there a special bracket for this mounting position - I saw comments regarding this point.

Regarding the value that we're looking forward to, rain makes a lot of noise on the top of the slides. So hopefully the toppers will reduce or eliminate the noise (spoken like a true glamper). But, I also agree that it's no problem getting out a ladder and brushing off the slide before closing up - I've done that for many years. One point that I learned from this thread is that the slide toppers can keep the slides cooler, i.e. frig may not have to work so hard - this seems like a tangible benefit.

Happy camping

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfsjcs View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm late (only by a year and a few months) to this discussion. I am adding slide toppers to our 2022 Reflection 337RLS. The comments and photos in this thread are very helpful. I have a couple comments:

Our Reflection 337 came with cloth rails mounted from the factory. So, I don't understand why Grand Design said slide toppers should not be mounted to Reflections - unless earlier model years were not designed to have toppers???

My big struggle now is how to mount the curbside slide topper. It is crowded with an awning mounted on the slide, and the main awning mounted right next to the slide. It looks like I'll have to mount the topper brackets onto the trim of the slide, and move the topper down towards the back of the trailer. Is there a special bracket for this mounting position - I saw comments regarding this point.

Regarding the value that we're looking forward to, rain makes a lot of noise on the top of the slides. So hopefully the toppers will reduce or eliminate the noise (spoken like a true glamper). But, I also agree that it's no problem getting out a ladder and brushing off the slide before closing up - I've done that for many years. One point that I learned from this thread is that the slide toppers can keep the slides cooler, i.e. frig may not have to work so hard - this seems like a tangible benefit.

Happy camping
    We had toppers added to our 295RL (very similar to yours). It is a tight fit because of the awnings, but it can be done. At the recommendation of the installing dealer, we used Carefree toppers; they indicated that the Carefree would fit better. We saw a significant reduction in rain noise, the fridge had to work less hard to stay cold, and it reduced my ladder time cleaning the tops of the slides; it also made keeping the inside temps where we wanted them a little easier. When we traded it for our current 5’er (Solitude S-Class 2930RL), we had toppers installed before taking delivery for all the same reasons.
    Just my .02 worth…

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We had toppers added to our 295RL (very similar to yours). It is a tight fit because of the awnings, but it can be done. At the recommendation of the installing dealer, we used Carefree toppers; they indicated that the Carefree would fit better. We saw a significant reduction in rain noise, the fridge had to work less hard to stay cold, and it reduced my ladder time cleaning the tops of the slides; it also made keeping the inside temps where we wanted them a little easier. When we traded it for our current 5’er (Solitude S-Class 2930RL), we had toppers installed before taking delivery for all the same reasons.
    Just my .02 worth…
    Thanks for the feedback. Confirmation of the the rain noise reduction is appreciated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfsjcs View Post
    Hi all,

Happy camping
    We put Lippert Solera slide toppers on our 303RLS. They fit very well. It was a bit tricky putting them on over the dining room slide because of the awning on the dining room slide but we made it work. I have photos if you need some to see how it fit.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA757BA2-3B0E-4F31-9D6A-CE2B73164AE7.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	43964
    Here is a picture if the Solera mount on the dining room slide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input.

I guess that the mounting brackets are fastened to the lower side of the trim? It's difficult to see the mounting brackets in the attached photo - but thanks for providing that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have any pics of the install. I am trying to figure how to install around the awning.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allison View Post
    do you have any pics of the install. I am trying to figure how to install around the awning.
    @Bruce Allison -

It's not clear who you are addressing and, since this thread's several months old, the poster may not be monitoring it closely. Here are a couple of tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll get a notification that way, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast