User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Bummer. Glad you stuck to your guns and did not settle for a rig which was not what you had agreed on. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out
    ....because that is exactly what they were hoping would happen! (Taking the rig "as is".)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cclickva

You started this thread as a way to vent... I feel your pain

While I've not ordered a new RV or even bought one, I have had similar feelings about the industry as a whole... The dealer didn't order what we agreed on... The dealer takes forever or doesn't honor warranty claims... In my case, the two year old unit had factory defects and the dealer disappeared.

In my mind this just comes down to people not doing what they promised.

Please continue to stick to your guns and don't accept anything less than what is right. Get the unit you ordered, do an extremely thorough pre buy inspection, and if it's not right, walk away. That's the only way to hold the industry accountable.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. We were the other way (didn’t want the bathroom). But the best deal we got was a unit with the bathroom. So we settled. We are going cross country with our 353g in June and wanted to work out all the kinks before hand so we didn’t want to take a chance on ordering one.
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivyZoe View Post
    Sorry to hear that. We were the other way (didn’t want the bathroom). But the best deal we got was a unit with the bathroom. So we settled. We are going cross country with our 353g in June and wanted to work out all the kinks before hand so we didn’t want to take a chance on ordering one.
    Did you already take delivery? What are your thoughts so far? The family and I are very excited to start our adventures in March.
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to take delivery today but weather did not cooperate. Started sleeting and I did not want my first 5er drive to be in poor conditions. So we did PDI #1 found some stupid stuff like door striker loose so the door wouldn’t close right, nics and dings, techs foot print in my nice lap sealant, and 2 significant things: leaking window in garage (I think the window wasn't closed when they pressure washed but we’ll see when I go back) and the auto level was throwing an error code the walk through person didn’t understand. I’ll do another walk through when we go back to pick it up and be sure to bust a hose out on that window and level it. I didn’t get to try the hitch height memory thing so stoked to see that.

Overall we love this floor plan. We are not big tv folks so being able to put the tv away and have counter space is awesome. It was either this one or the 350G and while the garage was better in the 350 the living space felt cramp.

Also not sure if we just got lucky, but we got the upgraded shower (multiple jets) and the metal strip thing on the under liner that folks said were only on the M’s.
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivyZoe View Post
    Went to take delivery today but weather did not cooperate. Started sleeting and I did not want my first 5er drive to be in poor conditions. So we did PDI #1 found some stupid stuff like door striker loose so the door wouldn’t close right, nics and dings, techs foot print in my nice lap sealant, and 2 significant things: leaking window in garage (I think the window wasn't closed when they pressure washed but we’ll see when I go back) and the auto level was throwing an error code the walk through person didn’t understand. I’ll do another walk through when we go back to pick it up and be sure to bust a hose out on that window and level it. I didn’t get to try the hitch height memory thing so stoked to see that.

Overall we love this floor plan. We are not big tv folks so being able to put the tv away and have counter space is awesome. It was either this one or the 350G and while the garage was better in the 350 the living space felt cramp.

Also not sure if we just got lucky, but we got the upgraded shower (multiple jets) and the metal strip thing on the under liner that folks said were only on the M’s.

It’s funny you mention the shower. The one I did a PDI on and walked away from because of no half bath had that same upgrade. The first thing I did was take a picture and sent it to the wife. Told them the new one coming in had to have that as well.

The floor plan is what pushed us to the 353 as well. I actually wanted the 29G towable, but the with wanted something other than one couch with 2-4 people all staring at the same wall.

Excited for you and hope your next attempt at delivery goes well. Can’t wait to hear about your thoughts after your first trip.
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know your thoughts on this but an idea could be have them install a composting toilet. That is what we wanted to do so we would have 2 different styles incase the we don’t have water to run the main one and have more room in the garage for the kids. There is natures head/air head and I think C head. They all get pretty good reviews. We planned on building a box that you set over it when not in use and just have handy wipes instead of a sink. The main draw back was lost of privacy for guest but would have been great for the kids. Ultimately it’s a moot point because we got the one with the rear bathroom (might still convert to composting head if we really start boondocking).
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest: So unit came off the line Monday 3/1, Ship date of 3/2 from Grand Design. This means it is transferred to local yard for dealer. Dealer transport company to now transport to pick up destination. At this point the dealer should be able to give me an ETA but they are idiots and are just saying “on track to be here before the 10th”. Which is the deadline I gave them.

Why is it that. Dealer can’t just be honest and say this is when we gain control and this is when we “expect” to get it here.

I get delays and ******** happens, but the dealer is being stupid. Just give me the facts and I will adjust.

Not sure about the rest of you but I will assume(my situation) that the purchase of an RV is the next to biggest purchase you make in your lifetime besides a house. The dealers have no clue as to how much emotion goes into this and the fact they can’t just be honest really burns my ******.

I can deal with delays, I can deal with problems, I can’t deal with the BS you continue to “try” and feed me.

My unit was due off the line on 2/25. After getting the VIN I called GD and it didn’t even go on the line until 2/24.(off the line 3/1). Ship date of 3/2. this means it went to a dealer yard on 3/2.

it is now 3/5 and the dealer can't give me an ETA on when it will arrive at the location closest to me to do a PDI and sign paperwork? It is in their control with their transport vendor. WTF?

Well I do expect to get this before the deadline I set but, for the dealer to be inconsiderate of the emotion people have around making this type of purchase is sad. I was hoping to go pick it up this weekend and not have to take another day off of work. It looks like that won't happen.

Well since I am in another venting mode, I will share more details of the whole ordeal. I live in Tampa and I am Buying my my unit from General in Jacksonville(not greatly impressed with them, but...). I went to Lazy days in the tampa area several times and even after striking a deal with General. I found the Lazy dealer to be arrogant and greedy. They had the unit I wanted on their lot and I chose to wait. Thats how turned off they made me. I also have a close friend who purchased their 5th wheel from the "lazy" dealership and the after sale support has been HORRIBLE. I realize from research that all RV service departments may suck, but I have seen first had what my friend is going through and I will take my chances elsewhere.

Okay, another vent completed I really do hope to be picking up a new 353 within the next 6 days.
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cclickva View Post
    Latest: So unit came off the line Monday 3/1, Ship date of 3/2 from Grand Design. This means it is transferred to local yard for dealer. Dealer transport company to now transport to pick up destination. At this point the dealer should be able to give me an ETA but they are idiots and are just saying “on track to be here before the 10th”. Which is the deadline I gave them.

Why is it that. Dealer can’t just be honest and say this is when we gain control and this is when we “expect” to get it here.

I get delays and ******** happens, but the dealer is being stupid. Just give me the facts and I will adjust.

Not sure about the rest of you but I will assume(my situation) that the purchase of an RV is the next to biggest purchase you make in your lifetime besides a house. The dealers have no clue as to how much emotion goes into this and the fact they can’t just be honest really burns my ******.

I can deal with delays, I can deal with problems, I can’t deal with the BS you continue to “try” and feed me.

My unit was due off the line on 2/25. After getting the VIN I called GD and it didn’t even go on the line until 2/24.(off the line 3/1). Ship date of 3/2. this means it went to a dealer yard on 3/2.

it is now 3/5 and the dealer can't give me an ETA on when it will arrive at the location closest to me to do a PDI and sign paperwork? It is in their control with their transport vendor. WTF?

Well I do expect to get this before the deadline I set but, for the dealer to be inconsiderate of the emotion people have around making this type of purchase is sad. I was hoping to go pick it up this weekend and not have to take another day off of work. It looks like that won't happen.

Well since I am in another venting mode, I will share more details of the whole ordeal. I live in Tampa and I am Buying my my unit from General in Jacksonville(not greatly impressed with them, but...). I went to Lazy days in the tampa area several times and even after striking a deal with General. I found the Lazy dealer to be arrogant and greedy. They had the unit I wanted on their lot and I chose to wait. Thats how turned off they made me. I also have a close friend who purchased their 5th wheel from the "lazy" dealership and the after sale support has been HORRIBLE. I realize from research that all RV service departments may suck, but I have seen first had what my friend is going through and I will take my chances elsewhere.

Okay, another vent completed I really do hope to be picking up a new 353 within the next 6 days.

Regarding the bolded, did you see this recent thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-on-some-units

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cclickva View Post

Sounds normal for an ordered unit.
    I have oredered many vheicles. In fact i have never bought off the lot. It is rare that the timeline intially discussed is met. There are many things that can cause delays.... And the dealer really has no idea. All normal. BTW, my momentum cost more than I paid for my house.... Of course the house is worth more now.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast