User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron Configure with MK3 to USB -- software question

GrandRV Squad -- I've seen a few y0utube videos where reference is made to "obtaining a password after Victron Training" has been completed. This was to gain access into the configuration area of the software. I see (from the manual) that the password for firmware update is "ZZZ." Can anyone tell me if that is the same password to get into the config area of the software? The jumper settings on the MultiPlus 3000/12 don't quite fit the charge parameters of my new SOK batteries and I want to get that right. MK3/USB is on the way and if I need a special password I want to start working on that in advance. Thanks
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZZZ - verified. The pin-default for Bluetooth is 000000. You will need to download the Victron software and place the Victron in a mode such that you can make changes to the configuration. Once done you can download the current configuration into the app, change it, then upload it back to the Victron Multiplus.

Pretty much all Lithium batteries use a similar profile - the place I purchased mine from set it up correctly. I tweaked a few things though. Not sure if the SOK settings would differ from the Battleborn ones since they are both LiFePO4 batteries with built-in BMS.

Lastly, inside the User Defined settings menu you need to make these changes:

Absorption voltage: 14.6 volts (acceptable range is 14.4 to 14.6 volts)
    Absorption Time: The recommended settings for our lithium batteries is half an hour per 100ah of LiFePO4 battery (for example if you have 2 -100ah batteries select 1 hour).
    Float Voltage: 13.5 volts (13.6 volts or lower is acceptable for LiFePO4 batteries)
    Equalization voltage: 14.4 volts (you do not need to equalize Lithium ion, you will have equalize turned off, but incase it ever runs a cycle the batteries will be fine at this voltage)
    Temperature Compensation: should be disabled on Lithium Deep Cycle batteries because they do not need to be compensated, leave this off.
    Low Temperature cut-off: Our Battle Born Batteries have low temperature charging protection built into the battery, its monitored by our Battery Management system which is also built in. You can leave this off too, some other brands do not protect your battery against damage from low temp charging, we do, we have got you covered.
    Last edited by openrangeowners; 01-29-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    ZZZ - verified. The pin-default for Bluetooth is 000000. You will need to download the Victron software and place the Victron in a mode such that you can make changes to the configuration. Once done you can download the current configuration into the app, change it, then upload it back to the Victron Multiplus.

Pretty much all Lithium batteries use a similar profile - the place I purchased mine from set it up correctly. I tweaked a few things though. Not sure if the SOK settings would differ from the Battleborn ones since they are both LiFePO4 batteries with built-in BMS.

Lastly, inside the User Defined settings menu you need to make these changes:

Absorption voltage: 14.6 volts (acceptable range is 14.4 to 14.6 volts)
    Absorption Time: The recommended settings for our lithium batteries is half an hour per 100ah of LiFePO4 battery (for example if you have 2 -100ah batteries select 1 hour).
    Float Voltage: 13.5 volts (13.6 volts or lower is acceptable for LiFePO4 batteries)
    Equalization voltage: 14.4 volts (you do not need to equalize Lithium ion, you will have equalize turned off, but incase it ever runs a cycle the batteries will be fine at this voltage)
    Temperature Compensation: should be disabled on Lithium Deep Cycle batteries because they do not need to be compensated, leave this off.
    Low Temperature cut-off: Our Battle Born Batteries have low temperature charging protection built into the battery, its monitored by our Battery Management system which is also built in. You can leave this off too, some other brands do not protect your battery against damage from low temp charging, we do, we have got you covered.
    Here's what SOK sent over:

Over Voltage Disconnect 14.7 V
    Charging Limit Voltage 14.6 V
    Over Voltage Reconnect 14.6 V
    Equalize Charging Voltage shut off or 14.4 V
    Boost Charging Voltage 14.6 V
    Float Charging Voltage 13.6 V
    Boost Reconnect 13.3 V
    Low Voltage Reconnect 10
    Under Voltage Warning Reconnect Voltage 11.5
    Under Voltage Warning 11.5
    Low Voltage Disconnect 11.0
    Discharging Limit Voltage 10.5
    Equalize Duration 0
    Boost Duration 180 minutes
    Last edited by goodoz; 01-29-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set up the Victron jumpers for GEL ... which is pretty close. Right now they are floating at 13.95V (each battery and the whole bank).
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS