User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been reading several threads about the location of the two gray tank valves on the 2017 Imagine 2800BH. I just went outside to look for the lever for Gray Tank 2 (which is showing full, by the way). I found the label just in front of the slide. I got on my hands and knees to look with the flashlight and I see the rod but there's no handle. I tried to pull on the rod but I don't think it moved. Does anyone have a tip on how I can empty this gray tank without a handle on the rod? The temp is going to start dropping to the 20s early Monday morning and down to 16 on Tuesday. I would really like to dump this tank before then. Thanks for any help!!!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    I have been reading several threads about the location of the two gray tank valves on the 2017 Imagine 2800BH. I just went outside to look for the lever for Gray Tank 2 (which is showing full, by the way). I found the label just in front of the slide. I got on my hands and knees to look with the flashlight and I see the rod but there's no handle. I tried to pull on the rod but I don't think it moved. Does anyone have a tip on how I can empty this gray tank without a handle on the rod? The temp is going to start dropping to the 20s early Monday morning and down to 16 on Tuesday. I would really like to dump this tank before then. Thanks for any help!!!!
    A pair of vice grips work until you can get a replacement handle. Just don't squeeze the end so hard that you deform it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so very much. I will give this a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    You probably lost that handle when you ran over the curb! Sorry, couldn’t resist! As mentioned a pair of vice grips will work but you’ll run the risk of damaging the threads on the end of the rod and then you’ll need to replace the whole cable and probably the valve as well. Those handles are available separately at any rv supply store (Camping world etc).

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    You probably lost that handle when you ran over the curb! Sorry, couldn’t resist! As mentioned a pair of vice grips will work but you’ll run the risk of damaging the threads on the end of the rod and then you’ll need to replace the whole cable and probably the valve as well. Those handles are available separately at any rv supply store (Camping world etc).
    Good one and deserved!

I moved the handle from the back valve and put it on the front one, after dropping the screw in the cold wet grass, of course. Found it with a magnet that I had no idea why I had it with me. Anyway, I can close it and open it but nothing releases. I will be doing my dishes in a tub and dumping it in the bathroom sink. Not a bad option under the circumstances.

Thanks for the help.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Big John here. Recently went to another RV Show in Ocala Fl. Got to talk with GD factory rep. he went through the tank design
    with me on another model same as the one we purchased. 2 gray water tanks front and rear of rig piped together (no check valves in line)
    come to 1 valve to open to dump out 3 in discharge line. So as you fill gray tanks either from kitchen sink or bathroom sink or shower
    both tanks fill equally as you fill tanks. For a total of 78 gallons.

Big John
    Central Florida
    2021 Transend 245 RL
    2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn w/ Hemi 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB (rear bath), with this unit there are 2 gray water tanks and it requires 2 hoses and a "Y" to connect...not certain how that pertains to longer trailers but it looks as though there would not be enough fall from front to back for good drainage.
    2014 Ram 3500 6.7 (single wheel long bed/crew-cab)
    2021 GD Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2004 Springer Softail FXSTS
    2018 Road Glide Special

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2500RL 2 grey water and 1 black drain into a common exit.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by springerider View Post
    We have a 2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB (rear bath), with this unit there are 2 gray water tanks and it requires 2 hoses and a "Y" to connect...not certain how that pertains to longer trailers but it looks as though there would not be enough fall from front to back for good drainage.
    Can confirm, a 261BH has two gray drains, one for the kitchen, and one combo gray/black for the bathroom. I do not know if there is any kind of equalizing pipe between them, it would have to be above the belly cover.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Can confirm, a 261BH has two gray drains, one for the kitchen, and one combo gray/black for the bathroom. I do not know if there is any kind of equalizing pipe between them, it would have to be above the belly cover.
    I would love to be able to equalize the levels of those two tanks on our 261bh... We have resorted to brushing teeth in the kitchen to try and equalize usage...

I don't find it much of a chore now that I have realized that the two tanks are roughly equal distances from the axles, I just stop with the axles at the dump station drain, and move my hose.

But. It would be nice to combine tankage to allow for a couple of extra showers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast