User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumping grey tanks

I have a simple question on the GD Transcend 245 RL 2021 Xplor package. I understand there are 2 gray tanks
    1 kitchen sink drains into and the other tank 2 the bathroom sink and shower drain into. Now when you dump
    your gray water tanks do you have to relocate the drain hose to a different outlets to drain each tank?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that camper they're probably using the same dump outlet. Hard to see in pictures, though. But since they're so close together, that would make sense. On campers where the bathroom is on the opposite end from the kitchen there are two grey dump valves.
    Last edited by rootusrootus; 01-30-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    I have a simple question on the GD Transcend 245 RL 2021 Xplor package. I understand there are 2 gray tanks
    1 kitchen sink drains into and the other tank 2 the bathroom sink and shower drain into. Now when you dump
    your gray water tanks do you have to relocate the drain hose to a different outlets to drain each tank?
    Not familiar with your RV, but on every RV that I’m familiar with, there is only one outlet to connect your drain hose. It is a common outlet connected to both the grey and black tanks.

How many outlets do you have?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Not familiar with your RV, but on every RV that I’m familiar with, there is only one outlet to connect your drain hose. It is a common outlet connected to both the grey and black tanks.

How many outlets do you have?
    Our 2017 Imagine 2650 has 2 outlets, one for the rear kitchen and one for the black / gray bathroom. I believe the newer models have 1 dump outlet.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have two gray tanks, you likely have two sewer hose connections. On our 28MKS, one gray tank is at the rear and is for the kitchen The other sewer connection is at the middle of the camper and serves the black and gray tank that are for the bathroom. If you are at a dump station, you simply dump the bathroom tanks then move the hose to the other connection to dump. At a full hookup campground, one solution to dealing with multiple sewer connections & tanks is to get several sewer hoses and connect them with a wye.

If it is helpful, you can check out our posts and videos covering our setup for two sewer connections as well as the parts we added to be able to store the extra hoses.
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the e-man View Post
    If you have two gray tanks, you likely have two sewer hose connections. On our 28MKS, one gray tank is at the rear and is for the kitchen The other sewer connection is at the middle of the camper and serves the black and gray tank that are for the bathroom. If you are at a dump station, you simply dump the bathroom tanks then move the hose to the other connection to dump. At a full hookup campground, one solution to dealing with multiple sewer connections & tanks is to get several sewer hoses and connect them with a wye.

If it is helpful, you can check out our posts and videos covering our setup for two sewer connections as well as the parts we added to be able to store the extra hoses.
    Our 315rlts has 3 gray tanks and 1 outlet for all tanks. It depends on the trailer. I can't speak for the OP's trailer.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    You will probably have a single outlet for both grey and black. On my Imagine 2970RL I have a single connection/outlet for all 3 tanks.

Edit to qualify the following statement since it was not accurate:
    You will, generally but not always, see more than one outlet in the rear bath and rear kitchen models such as the Imagine 2250RK.
    Last edited by OurNewEra; 02-08-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumping grey tanks

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    . . . You will see more than one outlet in the rear bath and rear kitchen models.
    Not always true. We have rear bath (2600RB). Only one outlet for two grey tanks and one black tank.
    Last edited by Chewwi; 02-08-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to hear about all the camper models that have two gray and one black tank but only have one sewer connection. Wish ours was like that as it would make things much less complicated.

For those that have two gray tanks and a single outlet, is there anything special you need to do when dumping? Or does it work just like you only have one tank?

Thanks.
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the e-man View Post
    It's interesting to hear about all the camper models that have two gray and one black tank but only have one sewer connection. Wish ours was like that as it would make things much less complicated.

For those that have two gray tanks and a single outlet, is there anything special you need to do when dumping? Or does it work just like you only have one tank?

Thanks.
    Nothing special. We still have a T-handle for each tank, total 3. So with two grey tanks you have to pull each handle when you want to dump each tank. Same, I am assuming, as you would with one black and one grey. Each has their own T-handle.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast