Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PEX sizes needed for reflection?

Hi all-

We have a 367 Reflection on order and I am gathering tools and supplies together for a repair kit.

Any idea what PEX pipe sizes are used in the reflection 5th wheels? Is it 1/2” throughout? Just wondering if I need a PEX crimping tool with multiple sizes or not.

Thanks!
    2020 Ford F-350 XLT DRW Long Box w/ 6.7 Diesel & 3.55 Gear Ratio
    B&W Turnoverball Goose Ball Hitch
    2021 Reflection 367BHS w/ Reese Goose Box 20k

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm_bc_ View Post
    Hi all-

We have a 367 Reflection on order and I am gathering tools and supplies together for a repair kit.

Any idea what PEX pipe sizes are used in the reflection 5th wheels? Is it 1/2” throughout? Just wondering if I need a PEX crimping tool with multiple sizes or not.

Thanks!
    I have done some limited pex changes on my 297RSTS and so far only seen 1/2" but I have not dropped the underbelly to see if there is anything different there. I use the cinch clamps so 1 tool will do both 1/2" and 3/4" unlike the compression clamps. Also no gauges needed to confirm good clamping.

Rob

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just redid my 303. All 1/2” with cinch rings. Went from never using the tool to plumber status in 2 days.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've owned a 2018 Reflection and now own a 2018 Solitude. In both all the critical plumbing has been in 1/2" PEX *OR* the infamous soft hose.

A fair number of people have replaced all soft hose with 1/2" PEX as the former has been the source of many trip-altering leaks. I had a bulging soft hose coming out of the hot water tank after only about a year of half-time use - it was well on its way to disaster. You might consider buying more than just "repair kit" quantities of PEX supplies.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All 1/2" except for the overflow on the water tank - that's 3/4"
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 367 and have modified the water system. All 1/2 and I used Sharp Bite push on fittings. Extremely easy. I always have several on hand along with the tube cutter. Sold at Lowe’s and Home Depot has another brand. They install easily and they can be removed as well.
    Dale & Lorna
    2019 Reflection 367 BHS
    2019 F350 Platinum diesel
    Alberta, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shark bite fittings are awesome, but they will not fit over the rubber 1/2" hose. I ran into this very problem last week. I am glad there is only a small amount of the rubber hose used on these, I definitely wish there was none. I will replace all of mine one day.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Baughn View Post
    The shark bite fittings are awesome, but they will not fit over the rubber 1/2" hose. I ran into this very problem last week. I am glad there is only a small amount of the rubber hose used on these, I definitely wish there was none. I will replace all of mine one day.
    You may want to leave some rubber hose on the pump connections to reduce noise coupling into the plumbing.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do folks go about changing out all the rubber hose? Some of it runs behind the shower and into other areas where it would seem are impossible to reach. How'd you guys accomplish this?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all-

Thanks!
    like everybody said 1/2 blue and red pex with red and blue solf hose. On the solf hose I found that a #10 worm drive clamp works great.

Richard and Kim
    Charlotte NC
    2020 29RS
    2012 Ford F250 CC 3.73 6.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast