User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info everyone, thank you.

I think I am going to end up going with two smaller units. That way I can only run one most of the time, and then I can start the second if the AC is needed.

Thanks again

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcamacho View Post
    Great info everyone, thank you.

I think I am going to end up going with two smaller units. That way I can only run one most of the time, and then I can start the second if the AC is needed.

Thanks again
    Plus 10 years from now, which is how long ago I got my generators, your body will thank you, rather than reminding you of those 10 years of aging!
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I have gone both ways. lol. I started with a 3000 watt Yamaha, first carried on scooter basket on the original bumper (until the bumper started failing), then on top of a new built (heavy duty) bumper.

Now with the new camper, I carry 2 Hondas 2200 where an outside fridge was installed.

I loved the Yamaha as it had electric start and could run everything in that camper at once but it was so heavy. Even with the ramp, it was a struggle. It did have a bigger fuel tank so I could run all night if needed.

I do like the Hondas even more as I can move them without issue. I usually only need to run them one at a time (unless I'm using the AC). They do have a much smaller fuel tank (.8 gal to 3.2 gals on the Yamaha) but I can still get them to run all night, if needed. One of my favorite features is the remote shut-offs I installed on each of them.

Attachment 32007
    Attachment 32008
    Attachment 32009
    Attachment 32010
    Did you say you installed a remote shut off on your small Hondas? If so tell me about how to do that?

Thanks
    Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Did you say you installed a remote shut off on your small Hondas? If so tell me about how to do that?

Thanks
    Lance
    Sure thing.

I installed one of these on each of my Honda 2200's:

https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.co...-shut-off-kit/

I reached out to them and worked with Paul, the owner, directly to see if he would give me a discount if I bought 2 of them. Paul is a good guy and will answer any questions.

The best part is being able to shut them off while laying in bed!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last question I promise. My local Costco has these on a deal right now with the Parallel kit included.

https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com...etl-certified/

Thanks

EDIT: I am considering them as they seem to be getting good reviews along with good customer service. They are very local to me so I would not have to deal with returns or shipping off anywhere if it needed warranty work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the parallel kit you can power one AC unit plus most other stuff in the trailer at the same time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about remote start and stop but the manual says to start the gen with nothing plugged in and unplug them before shutting off, so no go.
    Also champion does not have one on a dual fuel gen anyway...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    I thought about remote start and stop but the manual says to start the gen with nothing plugged in and unplug them before shutting off, so no go.
    Also champion does not have one on a dual fuel gen anyway...
    I'm not sure who you were responding to but we use the remote all the time with the rig or the hunting camp plugged in. We have the Firman. It starts up and spins for maybe 30sec before transferring the load.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of folks doing this all the time and maybe I'm just new with my first generator, but the directions clearly say not to do this. It would be very disappointing if I happened to buy the only one that really means it, lol
    Weird how champion does not sell a dual fuel with remote start...I plan on using propane only.

So curiousity got me and I looked up the manual for the Firman MODEL: W03383 remote start gen., which is too small anyway.
    Here is the same instruction as mine...my guess is most folks don't RTFM, lol

3. Disconnect all electrical loads from the
    generator. Never start or stop the generator
    with electrical devices plugged in or turned on.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 03-14-2022 at 05:19 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes just keep in mind the running dB’s when purchasing,,,,,Honda, Yamaha , to name a few. Also handling weight is important, lifting up or in to truck. And even when we travel to a park with power I still can carry one for backup or road side emergency,,,or unexpected road side stops.
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345