User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather-Tek working for the 349M

I have a bunch of projects to do to my 349M to get it ready for this coming summer, so I watched for some semi-decent weather to take it out of storage and get some things done. On the list is TPMS, Winegard Gateway, BoltItOn rack, Furrion rear and side cameras, Waste Master connectors, Progressive Dynamics surge protector, AlLi Ammeter, and some other smaller stuff.

The weather was nice today, but started out pretty cold on Thurs. But the Weather-Tek insulation seems to do it's job pretty well. With the last 2 nights in the 20's and day in the 40's, we can keep the main room & bed room around 70 deg by running the fireplace and a small space heater. Some quick learnings

• Pulling down the shades helps a lot (I don't have dual pane windows)
    • Keeping the fireplace at 74 and the furnace at 68 seems to be a nice balance.
    • Using the garage as a cold entry room works well.
    • Using red main room accent lights makes it feel warmer inside.
    • The heated (and massage) couch seats are REALLY nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210128_142422c.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	31851
    signature

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I have a bunch of projects to do to my 349M to get it ready for this coming summer, so I watched for some semi-decent weather to take it out of storage and get some things done. On the list is TPMS, Winegard Gateway, BoltItOn rack, Furrion rear and side cameras, Waste Master connectors, Progressive Dynamics surge protector, AlLi Ammeter, and some other smaller stuff.

The weather was nice today, but started out pretty cold on Thurs. But the Weather-Tek insulation seems to do it's job pretty well. With the last 2 nights in the 20's and day in the 40's, we can keep the main room & bed room around 70 deg by running the fireplace and a small space heater. Some quick learnings

• Pulling down the shades helps a lot (I don't have dual pane windows)
    • Keeping the fireplace at 74 and the furnace at 68 seems to be a nice balance.
    • Using the garage as a cold entry room works well.
    • Using red main room accent lights makes it feel warmer inside.
    • The heated (and massage) couch seats are REALLY nice.

Name:	20210128_142422c.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	31851
    That's nice to do list. Lots of must have IMO on that list. That's a good point to use the garage as a cold entry.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the info on helping maintain a good environment in the cold. I'm curios if anyone runs the "fan" mode on one or all AC units to help circulate the heat (rises to the ceiling) in colder temperatures. If you have a garage and 3rd AC not sure if you loose heat to the garage or if it can be isolated from the rest of the unit in this case.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    If you have a garage and 3rd AC not sure if you loose heat to the garage or if it can be isolated from the rest of the unit in this case.
    In HVAC terms, I think you're talking about a damper. I don't think the "racetrack ducting" for the A/C in our Momentums has any dampers. It'd be nice if it did.

Name:	momentum-stealthac.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	32162

Also, I don't think the heating ducts underneath have any dampers either.

I think the best we can do is put registers where we need them.

Name:	register.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	32163
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 02-16-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    signature