Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Question

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I use the service below. I use between 600 and 800 per month so most of these services don't work for me. The Calyx M2000 5G hotspot is truly unlimited with many months watch TV using over 600 GB without a problem. The first year of service is 750.00 (61.00 a month) and the after that it drops to 500.00 (41.00 per month). I just spent the winter in Tucson and got between 200 and 300 on Speedtest and late at night I got over 500.

https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet
    That's crazy. I never heard of anything like it. I like what this institute says it stands for so that alone will make me take it under consideration. It is fast enough to stream Roku to TV? Plus good internet speeds?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wdonovan View Post
    That's crazy. I never heard of anything like it. I like what this institute says it stands for so that alone will make me take it under consideration. It is fast enough to stream Roku to TV? Plus good internet speeds?
    Remember it's location location location. So far we have not had signal that we couldn't stream from even in New Mexico between Albuquerque and I10 at rest stop. Just couple years ago T-Mobile didn't have great coverage but with the purchase of Sprint they have gotten a lot better. I'm sure I will find places that we don't get good coverage but so far so good.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember it's location location location. So far we have not had signal that we couldn't stream from even in New Mexico between Albuquerque and I10 at rest stop. Just couple years ago T-Mobile didn't have great coverage but with the purchase of Sprint they have gotten a lot better. I'm sure I will find places that we don't get good coverage but so far so good.
    I like their data plan and coverage but the modem looks like it would fall short of what I need. Do you know if I could buy my own hardware and it would work successfully with their plan?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wdonovan View Post
    I like their data plan and coverage but the modem looks like it would fall short of what I need. Do you know if I could buy my own hardware and it would work successfully with their plan?
    The TOS says "NO" you must use in the hotspot provided. The M2000 hotspot is 5G and only negative is that it doesn't have antenna ports but so far it hasn't been a issue. I have got as high as 512 on Speedtest and haven't been to place YET that has been less than 100. At 8:15PM in park of over 600 sites and I'm getting over 200 on Speedtest while watching TV at 1080P. My Verizon hotspot with antenna ports with external antenna is getting 8 to 15 tonight on Speedtest.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 04-05-2022 at 09:18 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TOS says "NO" you must use in the hotspot provided. The M2000 hotspot is 5G and only negative is that it doesn't have antenna ports but so far it hasn't been a issue. I have got as high as 512 on Speedtest and haven't been to place YET that has been less than 100. At 8:15PM in park of over 600 sites and I'm getting over 200 on Speedtest while watching TV at 1080P..
    What unit of measurement are you referencing? MBPS?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    What unit of measurement are you referencing? MBPS?

speedtest.net. which is MBPS
    Dennis & Ellie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is test I just took a few minutes ago... One bar showing on the phone is an AT&T connection but the speed test was using the M2000 T-Mobile 5G connection. That test was taken while watching Netflix at 1080P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0869.jpeg  
    Last edited by CWSWine; 04-05-2022 at 09:57 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is test I just took a few minutes ago... One bar showing on the phone is an AT&T connection but the speed test was using the M2000 T-Mobile 5G connection. That test was taken while watching Netflix at 1080P
    Good speeds. Have you been to any rural areas with the hotspot?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the service below. I use between 600 and 800 per month so most of these services don't work for me. The Calyx M2000 5G hotspot is truly unlimited with many months watch TV using over 600 GB without a problem. The first year of service is 750.00 (61.00 a month) and the after that it drops to 500.00 (41.00 per month). I just spent the winter in Tucson and got between 200 and 300 on Speedtest and late at night I got over 500.

https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet
    Is that really using 600Gb of highspeed data? No throttling after 100Gb or anything? We have Tmobile phones with unlimited but throttled after 40Gb (still usable but noticeable). I planned to purchase the 5G M2000 from Tmobile directly. The device would be $170 with a new line. An unlimited plan with 100Gb high speed is $50/month. If Calyx is truly unlimited high speed, then that may be a better way to go. On their site it just says unlimited but doesn't reference anything about high speed vs throttled like Tmobile does.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Good speeds. Have you been to any rural areas with the hotspot?

Not way out the desert or forest but we have been what I would call rural areas but close to major highway. I have a the T-Mobile and Verizon 100% unlimited and my phones on AT&T so we have all the major carries covered.
    Dennis & Ellie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast