User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wifi Question

We are in the process of closing on a 5er and are trying to figure out how to create an internet network in our unit. We will be leaving pets in the unit at times and want to utilize the Compass Connect app while away and also monitor a Nest camera system we will be installing. What is everyone else doing to achieve this? I have read that the Winegard router is having issues with connecting to Verizon and ATT. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advance search WiFi and you will see a lot of stuff
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s easy to create a network within the unit. What’s hard is getting internet service where you are. Some locations it is not reasonably possible. You should also be aware that many campgrounds prohibit leaving your pets unattended in the RV.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

Spend a few hours there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are pretty good, too. Eventually, I'll probably go with one of the pepwave products depending on what my needs end up being.

https://www.mobilemusthave.com/
    signature

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    These guys are pretty good, too. Eventually, I'll probably go with one of the pepwave products depending on what my needs end up being.

https://www.mobilemusthave.com/
    I am planning to go with one of their bundles, right now trying to decide between the Full Timer Bundle versus the Ultimate Road Warrior bundle. Looks to me like the down side to the Full Timer Bundle is that it uses a CAT 6 Pepwave versus two CAT 12 modems on the more expensive Ultimate Road Warrior bundle.

I'd like to use mine to do some video conference calls, also to stream on a Roku stick for TV.

Does anyone have experience with the CAT 6 setup? Just want to see if I will regret the slower system.

I get it; I need to be at a site with adequate cellular service; I can live with that limitation. I am also willing to live with having only a single cellular provider. I am interested in understanding the practical performance differences between a CAT 6 versus CAT 12 set-up.
    Last edited by Keebler; 02-02-2021 at 05:26 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I am planning to go with one of their bundles, right now trying to decide between the Full Timer Bundle versus the Ultimate Road Warrior bundle. Looks to me like the down side to the Full Timer Bundle is that it uses a CAT 6 Pepwave versus two CAT 12 modems on the more expensive Ultimate Road Warrior bundle.

I'd like to use mine to do some video conference calls, also to stream on a Roku stick for TV.

Does anyone have experience with the CAT 6 setup? Just want to see if I will regret the slower system.

I get it; I need to be at a site with adequate cellular service; I can live with that limitation. I am also willing to live with having only a single cellular provider. I am interested in understanding the practical performance differences between a CAT 6 versus CAT 12 set-up.
    CAT 6 vs CAT 12 is going to really depend on you. Largest difference will be modem max theoretical speeds. Realistically CAT 6 speeds will do nearly everything most users will need and cellular data speeds will not exceeded the theo max in most areas you'll be RVing. If you have a lot of devices that will use the Wi-Fi, go CAT 12. More important will be decision on dual modem (not to be confused with dual sim). Dual modem and being able to simultaneously connect and use two services was a huge selling point for me in the Transit Duo.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any alternatives to MobileMustHave / Pepwave? I'm trying to source a system for internet and streaming to TV (as opposed to low bandwidth handheld devices. Want to use Roku like we used with cable internet. From what I read we need maybe 300GB per month and most big providers only go up to about 100. Mobilemusthave goes to 800 if you want to pay but their Full Timer pkg looks like it has a cap on throughput that can help not blow past the monthly data limit. Are there any others that are worth looking at? I like choices and searching for a cellular wifi system does not bring up a lot that I can find.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the service below. I use between 600 and 800 per month so most of these services don't work for me. The Calyx M2000 5G hotspot is truly unlimited with many months watch TV using over 600 GB without a problem. The first year of service is 750.00 (61.00 a month) and the after that it drops to 500.00 (41.00 per month). I just spent the winter in Tucson and got between 200 and 300 on Speedtest and late at night I got over 500.

https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast