User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiam60 View Post
    If you have a wet cell battery you should only go down to 50% discharge, or AGM batteries you can run them down to 20% before they get damaged. That is one important thing the DW and I learned the hard way (on our third set of batteries). Wish we had an information source like this back then! Lots of good info for you here.
    A good battery monitor, or if you can afford, a single lithium battery will provide the power of two deep cell batteries and they are bulletproof, with circuitry that shuts them down before you can overdraw them. They are also lighter.
    And much more expensive
    We have Carbon foam AGM Oais Firefly which can be discharged like Lithium without the cycle penalty most other
    Lead acid batteries have.

https://oceanplanetenergy.com/advanc...asis-group-31/
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two of the 2200i generators. I had to use both in parallel to run a single AC unit until I installed the easy starts. Now a single one will happily run one AC unit and both will run two ACs.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before buying a second generator to run the A/C you might want to consider the Microair Easy Start (previously suggested) or get a Victron Multiplus inverter. The multiplus allows you to simutaneously draw power from your generator and battery bank to help with the amp surge on A/C start up. After it's running, the single gen should be enough to keep it running. Side perk is that the Multiplus is a 3000w inverter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kymics View Post
    Before buying a second generator to run the A/C you might want to consider the Microair Easy Start (previously suggested) or get a Victron Multiplus inverter. The multiplus allows you to simutaneously draw power from your generator and battery bank to help with the amp surge on A/C start up. After it's running, the single gen should be enough to keep it running. Side perk is that the Multiplus is a 3000w inverter.
    Yes I have one. It’s a powerful 4 stage charger (120) , eliminates the need for transfer switch, adds power from batteries if you don’t have enough etc. it’s a great addition.

But you still have to watch how electricity in total you are running. If you exceed the inverter (3000) by running micro, ac, hair dryer, games, chargers it may not run all at the same time. You should still manage your total draw. If you’ve got 30 amp RV....it’s wired that way.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    And much more expensive
    We have Carbon foam AGM Oais Firefly which can be discharged like Lithium without the cycle penalty most other
    Lead acid batteries have.

https://oceanplanetenergy.com/advanc...asis-group-31/
    The Firefly 116 Ah batteries are about the same price as a midrange LFP. They're cheaper than a Battle Born, but so are a lot of other LFP batteries.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345