User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gander32 View Post
    Everything I store in the cargo hull is in Home Depot plastic bins and are "snug as a bug" in there so little movement. The Astro Turf would be a good idea if things are placed in loosely.
    Yeah ours are in plastic bins also and pretty tightly in. Found when unloading dirt gets on the bottom sometimes and gets tracked in the pass through. Also think it may help insulate some.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. I haven't ventured into the refrigerator space yet. But now that you mention it, I'm now curious to check out it out.
    I installed bug screens on both of the frig vents and saw that there's quite a bit of room between the frig and the wall. Also saw no insulation on the panel between the frig and the dinette. I plan to cut a hole in the panel and make a cubbie for games etc, insulate everything I can while I'm in there, and basically use as much of that space as I can but not impeding air flow. Since ours has the dinette, I'll only be using the space above the cushions. I'm also considering adding a small compartment door in the outside wall for perhaps the shore power cord and water hose.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 2500RL. After a tough week (frozen pipes) in Denver this past December, I insulated my cargo space with 1 1/2" Styrofoam board on the underside of the bed. I cut it to fit tightly, pressed in, and used foil tape to hold in place. I also added 1/2" Styrofoam on the floor of the cargo space and covered it with 1/4" tempered board to protect the foam from getting torn up and to spread out the weight. I also opened up the front wall and packed it with wall insulation to improve the poorly insulated area. I left the access doors "as is". With the insulation, the interior is like a Yeti! If I camp in a real cold environment, I have a small supplemental ceramic heater that I'll plug into the cargo outlet to keep the interior toasty. One of my next projects it to pull down the underbelly and add some additional insulation. (The pic with the wall pulled away is before I packed it with additional insulation.) Attachment 32084Attachment 32085Attachment 32086Attachment 32087
    sound like a wise use of space since its the slide I realize weight is very important for any mods but insulation and a small nook would be great! always makes you wonder why the brains at GD don't see it? pictures please if/when you do this,
    thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123