User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I feel everyone's pain. I ordered this today....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    You will like it.

PS: We intentionally only run ours on Propane.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    You will like it.

PS: We intentionally only run ours on Propane.
    That is my plan also.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Isn't that the truth. If you've never owned a boat, on man, count your blessings (and your bank account). I've certainly spent some money on my RV, but it's just not even comparable. With a boat, you have to get "marine grade" stuff, and, basically, that means it breaks about the same frequency but costs 10X as much. Stupid things, wire connectors, stuff like that, I used to walk into West Marine get basically nothing and wind up a few hundred lighter. The prices of stuff for RV's is a breath of fresh air, that's for sure. Breaks a lot, but at least you're not talking 1000's (most of the time).

Merc exhaust at 2-3K a pop (per engine), maybe you'll get 5 years out of it. Yanking the boat to have the bottom painted; shoot, when I got tired of that, I spent more than the cost of my RV on a dock with a lift. Oh yeah, and 1-2MPG. That's fun too.

Count your blessings.
    Funny thing though our 37 year old sailboat is made extremely well. It’s at its half life. It has traveled almost 75,000 nautical miles. I doubt our Grand Design will last 37 years.

When you add the price if the truck to the trailer, and now fuel ( something us sailors don’t spend much on) these RV are pretty expensive too.

A well founded 35 ft sailboat boat new now is about $300,000 . Just a little more than a top quality class A
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was I crazy to go inexpensive for this generator? On sale at Home Depot for $299 (Reg $520+). We are not going to be boondocking (not intentionally, at least!) for a few years.

Seems to have the capacity of the Champion unit, or close to it

Thoughts?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7028.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	31935

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff and Maureen
    Jersey Born and Raised
    2021 Ram 1500 5.7L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    The Champion Dual Fuel will run the A/C on Propane (we have the Dual Fuel 3500).

We live in Florida and we have no problem running either of our A/C units (one at a time).

We do carry a spare 20lb Propane tank that we use for the Generator and Fire Pit.
    Good to know. I’ve already bought the HF Predator but the propane option would be a plus. I might need to rethink my decision and sell what I have at a little loss and go with a Champion. Thanks for the information.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Was I crazy to go inexpensive for this generator? On sale at Home Depot for $299 (Reg $520+). We are not going to be boondocking (not intentionally, at least!) for a few years.

Seems to have the capacity of the Champion unit, or close to it

Thoughts?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7028.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	31935

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not the Generator you want for your RV. This is what is known as a Contractors Generator. They are LOUD, VERY LOUD !!! Additionally, the quality of electricity is not good for the sensitive electronics in your RV (TV, Air Conditioner, Fridge, anything you plug in, etc.).

The type of Generator you need for the RV is called an "Inverter Generator". The Inverter Generator gives out a very smooth Electric pulse, just like the power in your home and does not damage your Electronic devices, the Contractors Generator gives out very "Rough" Electricity and is acceptable for things like saws that you would find on a construction site.

In technical terms, the Champion and other Inverter Generators produce "Pure Sine Wave" electricity, while the Contractors Generator produces "Modified Sine Wave" electricity. Think of the two "Sine Waves" like this: the "Pure Sine Wave" is like a roller coaster track that goes smoothly up and smoothly down kind of like a wave. While the "Modified Sine Wave" would be closer to the roller coaster track going up and down with 90 degree corners at the bottom and top (see image below).

The Inverter Generators are also Very Quiet !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails waveforms-of-power-inverter.jpg  
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 02-06-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've decided to return the Champion 3400 I just ordered, and ordered this instead...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Westingh...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never stops!

I said at the end of camping season this past November that I'm happy with our set up no more upgrades. Since then I have a splitter for my propane line to install, friction door hinges, and a new hitch system. Setting playing on the internet during the winter is a killer for the check book...lol. But you know how many of these upgrades are truly needed? Not many...just remember Happy Wife Happy Life.. and also half the fun of owning a camper is upgrading and making it your home away from home.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RV lifestyle is not for those on a tight budget! You will constantly be buying something for the RV from now until forever. Also, don't think of it as an investment because when the day comes that you want to sell out....you will lose your butt!
    I try to view it as an investment in my time and family. We always have a great time and make long lasting memories of RV trips. I wouldn't trade it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast