Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Generator

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bobin, probably a reason why you went with Westinghouse over Predator...hear Westinghouse is a good one also.

I'll pass on the Predator, i get some things from Harbor Freight, just not a fan of most things.

Appreciate it though.
    Ray

QUOTE you =BobinICT;364248]Ray, I'm located in ICT and ended up with the Westinghouse duel fuel after purchasing the Predator. I um, have the Predator for sale if you're interested. Also have most of the parts to convert to remote start. DM if interested.[/QUOTE]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understand. I’m also not a fan of Horrible Fright.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say go use the RV at parks with electric. Get used to your electric loads and how you use the trailer. Then go after a generator. I am a big fan of our Progressive Industries EMS and if you don’t have one, it would be smart to get one (multiple manufacturers). It provides surge protection and monitors power going to the trailer for a wide variety of faults. Ours also gives a readout including how many amps we are using. Voltage x Amps = Watts.

I can tell you that the water heater on electric uses a lot of power - we run it almost exclusively on propane.

We also bought a Champion 3500. But I would have no issue with 1x or 2x 2X00 watt gensets depending on usage. Our area we almost always use AC, so the bigger genset made sense.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M.Sgt. Parker, thanks so much for your service to this county and the world keeping us safe.

it sounds like a 2000 plus generator would satisfy your basic needs whiteout purchasing a monster of 3000 watts plus. As someone else commented placing a soft start on the ac would allow the smaller generators to run the ac. If you purchase a smaller one (wouldn't purchase less than 2000 watts). Be sure and watch the ratings/tags on the generator some mfg. are a little generous with their capabilities on the advertising. Im not sure if your RV is a 30 amp or 50 amp rig that would certainly make an impact on my decision.

You could always but a 2k plus generator with the ability to "link" them doubling wattage and buy another one later without sinking a bunch of money into something almost never needed.

you are absolutely correct so many decisions......we are going thu the something our first time rig will be here in a few months, everybody wants our money-LOL.
    F150 short bed
    Max tow package 20 inch tires
    36 gallon fuel tank 1600 payload
    TT 2500 RL (picked up June 25th 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12