Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converter question

I just replaced the WFCO converter with the PD9160AL for our lithium batteries, Installed the Victron BM 712 properly with the grounds going through the shunt and it charged the 4 × 100 AH lithium batteries up to 100%.

Today I looked at the battery monitor and it says we are at 88%. Does it not keep the batteries charged while sitting on shore power? I know there are parasitic drains while sitting but when does the converter kick back on to keep the batteries charged?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    I just replaced the WFCO converter with the PD9160AL for our lithium batteries, Installed the Victron BM 712 properly with the grounds going through the shunt and it charged the 4 × 100 AH lithium batteries up to 100%.

Today I looked at the battery monitor and it says we are at 88%. Does it not keep the batteries charged while sitting on shore power? I know there are parasitic drains while sitting but when does the converter kick back on to keep the batteries charged?
    I have the same setup but with two lithium batteries. When plugged into shore power your battery monitor should always say 100% after the batteries are charged. Check your battery shut off switch, usually in the basement, to make sure it is on since they frequently get bumped and turned off. If switch is on check the breaker for the converter, make sure the power is working to the power leg the converter is on, L1 or L2 if 50amp service then check the output of the converter at the converter.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you set the current state of charge on the battery monitor to 100% after all batteries were charged initally?(this sets a baseline state of charge). Also, do you have the battery monitor settings per your battery manufacturer and for 4 100AH batteries?

Yes, if plugged in to shore power and the converter breaker is shut, it should stay at 100% and the battery monitor should say you have unlimited time left for your battery supply.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, after some more research and hum hahing I think my victron bm 712 settings were wrong.

I have adjusted but not sure if they are correct. I got the settings off the AM solar website.

I would like to see what others have set.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, after some more research and hum hahing I think my victron bm 712 settings were wrong.

I have adjusted but not sure if they are correct. I got the settings off the AM solar website.

I would like to see what others have set.
    What brand of batteries do you have? If you contact the manufacturer or where you bought the batteries they might be able to help with the settings. If you bought the batteries from AM Solar then they will be able to help you.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 02-01-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Expion360 Vpr4Ever batteries. I have tried looking them up but I can't find any setting information. Emailed them so hopefully the respond.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Expion360 Vpr4Ever batteries. I have tried looking them up but I can't find any setting information. Emailed them so hopefully the respond.
    You said you got some settings from AM Solar site. Was it this link?
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...for+Expion.pdf

If these are your batteries it looks like they have the settings you need.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, those are the settings I used with 400 AH.