User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went through southern Utah in the fall of 2019 pre-Covid. The national parks were full so we found a spot at Goblin Valley State Park. It was a great stay surrounded by some amazing rock formations. We took a day to trip to Capitol Reef that was great. Goblin Valley sites were good sized though they are dry. There was access to water and a dump station on site as well. A good alternative if the Parks are unavailable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capitol Reef is my favorite. The other parks are all quite stunning in a more dramatic way — which also makes them more crowded. Capitol Reef has a sublime beauty. It’s easy to find solitude there, even on easy hikes.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We visit Moab the last week of April every year and really like the Archview campground. There are national and state parks easily accessible from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 10 years ago we camped in Moab and rented a jeep for a day to ride the trails nearby. It was 100+* that day, but the jeep had AC. We had a blast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there in July last year. Arches, Bryce and Zion are spectacular. Do your research early on shuttle reservations for Zion. When we were there they had just resumed shuttle services, and they were by online reservation only. The reservations were very limited and were booked up extremely quick. We ended up renting bicycles and riding into the park, and with 110° heat, it was extremely exhausting. Mid-April is a fantastic time to visit. My wife and I visited that time of year back in 2003. Weather was very mild, and there were many active waterfalls at Zion. It was incredible. Enjoy your trip!!! I can't wait to go again!
    2020 Imagine 2800BH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123