Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New trailer leak

Buddy of mine just took his new Imagine 2600RB out over the weekend for a shake down trip & he has a leak where water is getting into the pass thru storage compartment. We are going to take a look at it tomorrow night. Any ideas where to look first? I was thinking roof where the front cap meets, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Hitsman3; 02-01-2021 at 05:24 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Buddy of mine just took his new Imagine 2600RB out over the weekend for a shake down trip & he has a leak where water is getting into the pass thru storage compartment. We are going to take a look at it tomorrow night. Any ideas where to look first? I was thinking roof where the front cap meets, what are your thoughts?
    I had the same issue last year. I have slam locks on my 2670mk. The gasket used to seal the strike plate was not positioned properly and water sitting in this area leaked onto the floor. Quite a bit sometimes. I removed the strike plate and loaded the bottom with silicone sealant. Reinstalled and added more to the outside. No leaks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had water between the subfloor and the under wrap right below the pass through. Mine turned out to be the screws along the bottom of the door frame. My screws were put in crooked. I backed them out, out some silicone in and put them back in. Also check the screws in the slam latch catch plate. As well as the gape around the slam latch catch plate.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could also be a leak at the universal docking station with a loose or cracked fitting on the back of the panel. Others have had this issue and maybe more likely than front cap. Do a search for soft hose leaks and you will have lots of reading. I would look there first if the water was in that area.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Calbar brings up a good point. It is important to identify a probable cause. You didn't mention if it was raining or snowing. I know my water issue was discovered after a strong driving rain here in Florida.

If your friend didn't have any rain then you are most likely lookimg at a plumbing issue.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem on my 2019 before I got rid of it. Turned out to be the screws in the bottom of the cargo door frame not being sealed, took them all out filled holes with silicone and issue resolved. Just another reason I got rid of the turd.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    @Calbar brings up a good point. It is important to identify a probable cause. You didn't mention if it was raining or snowing. I know my water issue was discovered after a strong driving rain here in Florida.

If your friend didn't have any rain then you are most likely lookimg at a plumbing issue.

Sorry, i guess living here in the PNW i'm used to it always raining. Yes it was raining both days he took it out.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem when we bought our 2018, 2970RL. The access door was not seating properly against the gasket in a couple areas. I got out my hand held siding brake and bent the gasket area towards the door. problem solved.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I had water between the subfloor and the under wrap right below the pass through. Mine turned out to be the screws along the bottom of the door frame. My screws were put in crooked. I backed them out, out some silicone in and put them back in. Also check the screws in the slam latch catch plate. As well as the gape around the slam latch catch plate.
    I'm resurrecting an older thread here. I believe I have the same issue with my 2400BH. I had a puddle on the ground under the front storage area on my 2400BH after a day of heavy rain. Turned out that water was dripping out of a nick in the waterproofing wrap. The wrap was not installed straight/smooth and has some ripples, so water was pooling in places above the wrap, and I managed to push most of that out I think. The water was clear (not pink antifreeze - still winterized), so I'm guessing it is not a plumbing leak out of the utility panel.

In addition to the silicone, did you do anything to dry out between the sub-floor and the wrap? I think I've gotten most of the water out, but not really seeing a good way to dry it out more without cutting the wrap. I'm a little reluctant to do that.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2018 F-150, 3.5EB, 6.5ft bed, Max Tow Pkg, Equalizer 4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    It could also be a leak at the universal docking station with a loose or cracked fitting on the back of the panel. Others have had this issue and maybe more likely than front cap. Do a search for soft hose leaks and you will have lots of reading. I would look there first if the water was in that area.

Rob
    My leak is also behind the Nautilus panel. a Dual diverter valve behind the blue and white toggles was cracked or defective and was leaking from one of the screw holes in the valve. I am in the midst of trying to get this fixed. My brother also had a leak on his 2019 303 on one of his valves. I am wondering how easy it is for a non plumber to replace the valve. the instruction manual looks simple but you cannot easily pull the front of the panel off far enough to do the repair outside the trailer instead of inside the cargo compartment which is more difficult
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast