User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Drop Height Question

I have a 2018 Imagine 2600RB and upgraded my TV to a '21 F350 7.3L with FX4 (no lift modifications). I want to upgrade my WD hitch shank to 2.5" from 2". Does anyone have a similar setup (TV and trailer) and what drop are they using on the shank? Trailer is in storage until Spring and I did not measure when stored. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m using the same drop hitch as I had with the 1500 I had now I have a 2500. I just went down to the bottom 2 holes and had to adjust the brackets on the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from an Expedition with 2" shank and e2 hitch. I don't want to use a sleeve adapter and don't know if the current shank is in the bottom holes now. Do I order a 4" or 8" drop?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhankerd View Post
    I went from an Expedition with 2" shank and e2 hitch. I don't want to use a sleeve adapter and don't know if the current shank is in the bottom holes now. Do I order a 4" or 8" drop?
    You will need the sleeve adapter anyway. Ford has a 3" receiver. Measure the height of your current hitch and then the new hitch to determine the new drop need. When I went from my Tundra to my RAM 3500 I had to drop 2 set of holes.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhankerd View Post
    You need to go with the 8” drop the 4” will be way to short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the exact same setup, but some similarities. I just upgraded from an '18 F150 FX4 to a '21 F250 7.3 Tremor. This system (due to the tremor package) has the same rear suspension as the F350 (tremor F350 at least). My old shank that came stock with the Husky Centerline was a 4.75 drop. I got a 6" drop 2-1/2 inch shank from Curt (most of these are interchangeable - if they have a 2" wide vertical part with 3/4" holes on 1-1/4 centers). For me the 6" drop worked perfectly for my '20 Imagine 2500RL. I think the Tremor has a bit of a lift to it, so my guess is you should be fine with a 6" if you can find it. 8" won't be a problem of course as long as it is adjustable. I bought this shank from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBFW1N1
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.