Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudynralph View Post
    Thanks for all of the great replies. I went with the BO sway pro and took DenCristen’s advice and went with 1000# bars, which is what BO recommended as well. Trailer is still being built, will find out how it all works next month. Thanks all.
    How’d it go? I’m picking up our 21BHE on Friday and have husky and both BO options to choose from for hitches.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue ox

[QUOTE=mekatzer;368560]How’d it go? I’m picking up our 21BHE on Friday and have husky and both BO options to choose from for hitches.[/QUOT

It went better than I could have imagined. Pulled great, just a little sway when semi blew by in the opposite dir3ction on two lane road. Front end of truck was only up 1/4” with bars connected. Easy to hook and un hook, easy to back. Glad I went with this one. Let me know if you have any other questions as we just put our first 2000 miles plus on it and getting ready for another 2000 plus.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the BO Sway Pro on a 2018 2600RB with a 2018 F250 as tv. 1000 bars and I use link #9 ( count from end of chain ). Truck and trailer sit level when looked up. Bought breaker bar and socket from Harbor freight since the wrench supplied was not too good and I extend the hitch to lift trailer when hooking up or unhooking which makes it a breeze to click the bars on and off. Very stable towing and backing up with this setup.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Blue Ox Sway Pro on our 17MKE with 750# bars and are happy with the performance of this system. I didn't lift the trailer high enough when removing the bars after our trip last week and made an existing soft-tissue hip injury worse when the cam disengaged more rapidly than normal. Even with a larger breaker bar and socket, the force shot through the injured area like electricity. My doctor prescribed muscle relaxants to help the healing process and they seem to be working...be sure to lift the trailer high enough to avoid injuries!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering what size socket the Blue Ox takes with the breaker bar
    . I am headed to Harbor Freight in the morning. TIA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blue Ox guy told me that it was 1”, but that some times the casting gets rough and you may need 1 1/16”. For me the one inch worked fine.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW - have seen some mentions of the "wrench" that comes with the sway pro. Ours came with this beefy single lug wrench and at least thus far (and I'm always de-loading with the tongue jack) it hasn't felt out of control:

https://www.blueox.com/hitch-accesso...waypro-wrench/

I can see if you only had the flat metal thing, but YMMV
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Tow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you PROPERLY raise the height of the tow vehicle it automatically takes the tension off the chains. The only way they are dangerous if you don’t follow the recommended procedure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123