User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron Connect -- Shunt -- 100%

There is a "synchronize" button on the app for Victron Connect where you tell the app when your batts are at 100%. When should this synchronization take place...max voltage on the batts (absorption) or float voltage (when the charge is done). Thanks
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoz View Post
    There is a "synchronize" button on the app for Victron Connect where you tell the app when your batts are at 100%. When should this synchronization take place...max voltage on the batts (absorption) or float voltage (when the charge is done). Thanks
    What type of batteries are you running with? And what are your voltages set to on your charger?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    What type of batteries are you running with? And what are your voltages set to on your charger?

I have 3 x SOK 206AH LiFePO4 (12V setup) and they bulk charge at 14.6V / float at 13.6V (per SOK). Right now, after they settle down from absorption, they rest at about 13.55V.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 x SOK 206AH LiFePO4 (12V setup) and they bulk charge at 14.6V / float at 13.6V (per SOK). Right now, after they settle down from absorption, they rest at about 13.55V.
    I would use your float voltage then. That's where you batteries will start depletion from and finish when charged based off your settings. Otherwise you'll just max out at 98% or so on your readout. The would bug me never seeing 100%, but that's just me. Really doesn't matter all things considered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use your float voltage then. That's where you batteries will start depletion from and finish when charged based off your settings. Otherwise you'll just max out at 98% or so on your readout. The would bug me never seeing 100%, but that's just me. Really doesn't matter all things considered.

I suppose that's it, then...the batteries will do what they do no matter what. The shunt will report "whatever it reports" based on how you set it up as full...The shunt controls nothing, right? Including the "floor." It won't stop a discharge based upon your floor setting, correct? (apologies for the novice questions...this is my first go around with this stuff).
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that's it, then...the batteries will do what they do no matter what. The shunt will report "whatever it reports" based on how you set it up as full...The shunt controls nothing, right? Including the "floor." It won't stop a discharge based upon your floor setting, correct? (apologies for the novice questions...this is my first go around with this stuff).
    Well yes, but some shunts will control things depending on the model you have. Some can control a relay, control an inverter, built in fuse, etc. Most just use a shunt for monitoring only, though.

And don't worry about asking questions. I just had a 500amp BMS show up with extra leads than I was expecting so I'm asking questions like a newbie. I'm learning right along with you mostly. I think I've watched every lithium video on YouTube.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes, but some shunts will control things depending on the model you have. Some can control a relay, control an inverter, built in fuse, etc. Most just use a shunt for monitoring only, though.

And don't worry about asking questions. I just had a 500amp BMS show up with extra leads than I was expecting so I'm asking questions like a newbie. I'm learning right along with you mostly. I think I've watched every lithium video on YouTube.

Honestly, the Victron "literature" is greatly lacking. I'm a professional low voltage integrator and assumed that since all of these devices (shunt, inverter/charger, mppt charge controller, etc.) can sit on the same "network" that they talked to each other. Now I'm realizing that they are simply corralled by the same BT interface and simply report what they are doing...individually. That's still useful, but not what I thought it was...nobody's done a u2ube video on that yet that I'm aware of. Regardless, all of my equipment is working well. I appreciate your advice/experience.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS