Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    Thanks for the reply's, I believe I am gong to be inducted into the infamous Two Time Tow Vehicle club.
    Join the club! Sold my '19 Ram 2500 and soon to take delivery of a '21 F-450 because of payload. To this day I still hear "3/4 ton can do it all" and that's even from dealers and their personal trailers... be proud of the fact you are willing to accept the correct path, whether now or in the future. Don't be that guy who's can't see the horizon through windshield because he's driving a "v" at 75 mph.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's, I believe I am gong to be inducted into the infamous Two Time Tow Vehicle club.
    Probably the wisest option. However, how are you relative to your axle ratings?
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club if that's what you end up doing. I became a member in December. My F-150 with HD everything was good for 12,500 tow but similar payload issues although not as much as 500 over. So decided do this tow vehicle thing one and only one more time. Now can't wait for spring to try out our new F-350 SRW 6.7L diesel. Overkill for what I need for our 297RSTS but the future could change things.
    Terry, Patty, Sophie (Great Pyrenees) and Tessa (German Shep/Pyr Mix)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS
    2021 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.75' bed /6.7L Diesel/3.55 electronic locking axle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good info here. I just wanted to point out that there's are Ford documents (towing selector) online that have two capacity tables, one for conventional towing and one for 5th wheel towing. The capacity numbers are lower in the 5th wheel table. At the bottom of the table is: Make sure vehicle payload (reduce by option weight) will accommodate trailer king pin load weight and weight of passengers and cargo added to towing vehicle."

One more point: My 295RL pin weight (measured) is 16.8% of gross trailer weight. The may be a function of "Reflections 150" design and other GD 5ths are higher, I don't know.

Actually, an additional point: Never trust an RV salesperson or truck salesperson on loads and capacities. Use manufacturers published data & stickers to calculate, weigh to make sure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the comments, I have now ordered a f350 crew cab 4X4 DRW 3.55 rear end... And even then, I do not know what the CCC will be when the truck arrives, looking at others with the exact same options I have good idea it will be over 5200lb but that's not a good feeling, seems like you should be able to get that info when you order one...
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the comments, I have now ordered a f350 crew cab 4X4 DRW 3.55 rear end... And even then, I do not know what the CCC will be when the truck arrives, looking at others with the exact same options I have good idea it will be over 5200lb but that's not a good feeling, seems like you should be able to get that info when you order one...
    I agree, had the same issue with my truck. My guess is that Ford would have to change a number of their systems to even approximate what they end up delivering. If a supplier changes the weight of a component, does Ford find out? Have fun with your massive truck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, not sure about the fun part, it will be like turning a bus around in downtown NYC traffic... I fought it up the the last hour trying not to go that big but could not get around it...
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE.......

I have now been able to order a f350 crew cab 4X4 SRW 3.55 rear end... and have a CCC of 4500+ no massive Truck.. and all the bridge guard rails will be safe around here!
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12