User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Ordered our 2021 2500RL Imagine

Well we just ordered our 2500RL from Lazydays RV in Tucson, Arizona and we should get it by March of this year.
    I want to give a "shout out" to Dan Porter our Salesperson.
    He did a fantastic with NO pressure and answered ALL our 1000's of questions.

Okay now for my question to all of you.
    We are keeping our rig stock for the first year of travel but in our 2nd year we want to update with ANY improvements you think we should do.
    You know the typical stuff like tires, suspension that kind of thing.
    But my wife said maybe we should talk to the people who actually own a travel trailer and get their thoughts.
    So here you go....what should we do to the rig to improve its performance inside and outside the 2500RL.

Appreciate your thoughts.................

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Well we just ordered our 2500RL from Lazydays RV in Tucson, Arizona and we should get it by March of this year.
    I want to give a "shout out" to Dan Porter our Salesperson.
    He did a fantastic with NO pressure and answered ALL our 1000's of questions.

Okay now for my question to all of you.
    We are keeping our rig stock for the first year of travel but in our 2nd year we want to update with ANY improvements you think we should do.
    You know the typical stuff like tires, suspension that kind of thing.
    But my wife said maybe we should talk to the people who actually own a travel trailer and get their thoughts.
    So here you go....what should we do to the rig to improve its performance inside and outside the 2500RL.

Appreciate your thoughts.................
    Well now, first off, welcome to the family. Second, you'll find that a lot of folks here will be real happy to spend your money. Lol .
    I think you have to right approach. Start using it and go from there. Get the basics but don't cheap out on them to start. On top of the basics like levelers, sewer hose... change that dreaded rock pad they call a mattress. I like my mattress hard but that is nonsense. A good tpms should also be on top of your list. A good wdh.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got $20 that you dont wait a year until making mods, especially if you follow this forum.

I do think you should use it a bit and see what things you want to change.

Look up EMS surge protector, that is one you definitely wont benefit by waiting to get one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats we have the same model. Hope you enjoy it.
    Ordered at the end of Oct. just received it
    I doubt you’ll have it at the end of March as ours took 13 weeks.
    What are you towing it with?
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I've got $20 that you dont wait a year until making mods, especially if you follow this forum.

I do think you should use it a bit and see what things you want to change.

Look up EMS surge protector, that is one you definitely wont benefit by waiting to get one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol so true.
    Good point on EMS, that was one of my first purchases.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a 2021 F150 with Max Towing and a Hensley Hitch.
    Very happy but they said we would get it in 7-8 weeks but I'm not holding my breath.

Setting Up Camp AdirondackCamper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800 BH (Proposed Delivery Date is May)
    2007 Ford F-250 CCSB King Ranch W/Tow Pkg 6.0 Diesel (Bullet Proofed)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have.

My wife and I purchased my first travel trailer 3-years ago. We own a 2018 Imagine 2500RL and have pulled it for over 10,000 miles with a 2018 Ford F150 Platinum 3.5 Eco / Max tow package. We're hoping (COVID restrictions permitting) to travel from the Toronto Ontario area to Vancouver British Columbia at the end of May. In anticipation of the trip we just purchased a 2021 Silverado 2500 High Country Duramax - the F150 performed well but I feel our current plans and perhaps a future smaller 5th wheel - the new truck is a better option. Purchasing a Hensley hitch is a smart move and it's one of the things I should have matched up with the F150.

The tires that came with the trailer (I think they're Westlake) have stood up just fine, although they have worn away a lot of tread - I plan to replace them before we leave. Last year I installed a Max cover for the vent in the living area and and plan to upgrade the fan when the tires are changed - should have done this sooner. Be sure to get a high quality sewer hose - I'm horrified at some of what I see some people use. I'm well set up now with extension cords, adapters and extra water hoses - but should have better prepared when we traveled through Northern Ontario just after taking delivery of the trailer. A lot of our provincial parks have shared electrical posts that can be a long way from the campsites. In addition to Anderson levellers, rubber chocks and the usual wood blocks I also carry a 5 ft long 2"X 8" - I've used this a lot for levelling the trailer in both campsites and when parked along curbs. Raising the trailer high enough to fully extend the 3-steps is more important than you think. I once had the bottom step turned up (because of the slope/curb - didn't use my board) while loading the trailer in front of our house - I stood on the bottom step and it flipped out - I was mostly OK but I don't do that anymore!

It's a great trailer - enjoy it.

Ron
    Ron & Dorothy
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country/Duramax
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500 RL
    Burlington, ON Canada