User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn crew cab diesel has a max payload if 2224 lb. Not enough for most 5th wheels.
    The higher the trim level, the lower the payload as all those goodies add up.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a safety freak, I tend to overspec. I Like having a cushion for "Margin of error". Having been in several bad accidents, and suffering from the effects in my old age, why would you push the limits? The last thing you want to experience is the white knuckle drive in bad conditions.
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    As a safety freak, I tend to overspec. I Like having a cushion for "Margin of error". Having been in several bad accidents, and suffering from the effects in my old age, why would you push the limits? The last thing you want to experience is the white knuckle drive in bad conditions.
    I agree. I'd rather have MORE truck than be over even by a little!!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at a 337 and have a 2020 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel with towing and snow plow package. Now I’m concerned it’s not enough truck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I'd be worried about what the insurance company will say if you get in a jamb and they start looking at the specs on the rig. They have a fleet of adjusters (and lawyers) just waiting for an excuse to deny your claim. At that point your REALLY in a world of new hurt.
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    Also, I'd be worried about what the insurance company will say if you get in a jamb and they start looking at the specs on the rig. They have a fleet of adjusters (and lawyers) just waiting for an excuse to deny your claim. At that point your REALLY in a world of new hurt.
    There has been much discussion and speculation on that topic over the years. A retired state trooper on the forum (years in accident investigation) says that he's never seen anything like that happen. Insurance companies don't deny accident claims - whether you're at fault or not. The old-timers on this and the Escapees forum call this an urban myth.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There has been much discussion and speculation on that topic over the years. A retired state trooper on the forum (years in accident investigation) says that he's never seen anything like that happen. Insurance companies don't deny accident claims - whether you're at fault or not. The old-timers on this and the Escapees forum call this an urban myth.

Rob
    Agreed!! My wife works for the #3 carrier in the country in subrogation and in her 15+ years, has NEVER seen a claim denied for this reason. Is is good to tow over your TV capacity ratings? Probably not but that is a personal choice. Will the weight police get you? I say no but I'm sure the interweb lawyers out there will say they know of their brother's sister's cousin's father-in-law's son's girlfriend had this happen to them.
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well too each his own, I run 2015 GMC 2500hd. Tow a GD 320 mks, mty. weighs are trk. 7000, trlr 10400, loaded trk. 9100 a the button, trlr 11389. GVWR 20500. Good math A, tows and brakes just fine. Experience goes a long way. ( payload for trk. 3350) Hope this helps, good luck with your new ride enjoy��. From N.E. Pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12