User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to all, new to the community

HI everyone,

I am new to this community, and getting ready to take ownership of my brand new Grand Design Reflection 260rd 5th wheel. This Friday will be a long time coming for me. This has been a plan in the making for almost 16 years. I have always wanted a 5th wheel RV, ever since I bought our first travel trailer 16 years ago. My wife and I absolutely love the design, layout, and the look of the new Reflection 260rd 5th wheel. It funny how things all fall into place, when you wait patiently enough. Here is the full story below.
    First noticed the Grand design RV line on Generalrv.com website. Checked it out many times and didn't know much about the company or anything. Got online and researched everything, and also noticing that the RV's started showing up at almost every campground I went. Asked a few people, and they all said they loved them. Next came the visit to the camper show in February of 2019 (just before the whole covid mess), and got a chance to actually touch and feel the reflection 260rd. My wife loved it at first site, and at that moment I knew, I was going to own one. Now I had to formulate a plan and act on it. In September 2020 I put an order in for my first GMC Sierra 2500hd pickup. Waited forever for the delivery. Took delivery of that pickup on Monday January 25th 2021, and that following Wednesday, started the RV hunt. Finally found the 260RD at the Brownstown, MI Generalrv place, and put a deposit down on Saturday January 30th. Now this Friday February 5th, I will be a proud owner of my first 5th wheel camper. YAA FRICKEN HOO !!!!

glad to be a part of growing community and maybe we'll meet some of you along the way. Happy camping to everyone

Sean
    GMC Sierra 2500 HD short box with oem puck system
    6.6 litre Gas V8
    Grand Design Reflection 260rd
    Demco 18k Hijacker Hitch with 25k rail kit system

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Sean....and congrats on the new truck and G.D. camper.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmi96 View Post
    HI everyone,

I am new to this community, and getting ready to take ownership of my brand new Grand Design Reflection 260rd 5th wheel. This Friday will be a long time coming for me. This has been a plan in the making for almost 16 years. I have always wanted a 5th wheel RV, ever since I bought our first travel trailer 16 years ago. My wife and I absolutely love the design, layout, and the look of the new Reflection 260rd 5th wheel. It funny how things all fall into place, when you wait patiently enough. Here is the full story below.
    First noticed the Grand design RV line on Generalrv.com website. Checked it out many times and didn't know much about the company or anything. Got online and researched everything, and also noticing that the RV's started showing up at almost every campground I went. Asked a few people, and they all said they loved them. Next came the visit to the camper show in February of 2019 (just before the whole covid mess), and got a chance to actually touch and feel the reflection 260rd. My wife loved it at first site, and at that moment I knew, I was going to own one. Now I had to formulate a plan and act on it. In September 2020 I put an order in for my first GMC Sierra 2500hd pickup. Waited forever for the delivery. Took delivery of that pickup on Monday January 25th 2021, and that following Wednesday, started the RV hunt. Finally found the 260RD at the Brownstown, MI Generalrv place, and put a deposit down on Saturday January 30th. Now this Friday February 5th, I will be a proud owner of my first 5th wheel camper. YAA FRICKEN HOO !!!!

glad to be a part of growing community and maybe we'll meet some of you along the way. Happy camping to everyone

Sean
    Congratulations! We were at the same show in Novi. Ahh the good old days, when we could all be meandering about looking at the new rigs, no masks, no worries... I talked to three couples that day that were buying the 260rd, and one couple who actually BOUGHT that floor model.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean,
    Welcome to the forum. Consider spending $12.00 to become a site sponsor and help keep this forum ad free. The knowledge and lessons learned in since we joined 3 years ago is the best money I have spent on the rig.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the board and the GD family.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)