User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Also, you’ll probably want to check to see exactly what you have for roofing. My reflection 303 has a TPO roof. The manufacturer states that Dicor should not be used on this roof. This was also confirmed by Emily at Grand Design, in another post.
    Does GD use a TPO roof exclusively on trailers manufactured in the last few years?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great info, and the comment about opening a case with GD in case something goes sideways in the future is solid.

As for the PDI... We bought the trailer in Florida while we were in Massachusetts, so my FIL did the PDI for us at the Jacksonville dealer while I followed along on Zoom. We tested all the mechanicals, but he wasn't comfortable getting on the roof. When we took delivery two weeks ago, I forgot we hadn't looked at the roof until we'd already left.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a common issue with this type of sealant. It pulls away from the surface and tends to get cracks that let water in.

Interesting that it is doing this on a brand new unit.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On thing to remember under all that sealant is a rubber gland sealed against the pipe. I would suggest cut back the cracks (V-shape to get to clean/fresh sealant) before resealing.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Does GD use a TPO roof exclusively on trailers manufactured in the last few years?
    What I did was contact GD by email (can also call) and provided them with my trailer serial number and they gave me the roof specifics along with what sealant, tape, patch material etc. to use. Believe they responded within 24/48 hours. Also agree with those that say if it's still under warranty have them do it especially if the roof develops problems later.
    Good luck.
    Mike and Marita
    2019 F350 Lariat CCSB 6.7L Diesel SRW
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    Reese Elite 5th Airborne Sidewinder, Reese custom wedge, B&W Companion hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisandtara View Post
    I have a 2021 2400BH that I took possession of in January. After getting 'home' (campsite) I went up on the roof to look around and noticed the caulk is pulling away from most/all of the roof fittings. I assume this is not normal and something I should fix ASAP. None of the caulk is loose per se, so I was just going to apply more on top of what's there. Is that right? I'm mildly concerned about the initial conditions that lead to the poor adhesion, especially where the crack is across the caulk line where the loop connected during application.

(Sorry for the noob questions. I'm very familiar with home maintenance, but this is my first RV.)

Attachment 31913
    Don't feel bad, our 2020 solitude 380 lost the front tape were the nose cap meets the roof and the rubber rubber roof started peeling back. And were on the road for about a year so all I could do is put on some emergency repair tape. Fortunately grand design says they will cover it under warranty when I get back To my home dealer. The home dealer says it should take about 2 months to get it fixed after they get in their shop. We had been driving through torrential rain for a couple of days, before I noticed it when we were stopped in a campsite. I just hope there's not any more damage going on even though I do believe there will be a mold issue eventually.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcl1jw View Post
    What I did was contact GD by email (can also call) and provided them with my trailer serial number and they gave me the roof specifics along with what sealant, tape, patch material etc. to use. Believe they responded within 24/48 hours. Also agree with those that say if it's still under warranty have them do it especially if the roof develops problems later.
    Good luck.
    What sealant, tape, patch material etc. did they recommend you use?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the email I received from GD regarding my roof. The picture of the sealant tube doesn't show but it's Alpha 1021 Self Leveling Sealant. Your roof requirement could be different - best to confirm with GD. Hope this helps,

Hello Michael

The type of roof you have is an Alpha Systems –Superflex roof is what they call it. It is a good quality roof but still get torn if branches rub against it. One of the tapes for the roof is black and is 3” x50’roll with UV barrier. You can find this info also under our parts look up on our website. Go to our website and click on “owner Support”, then click on “Service& Warranty”, then click on “parts look up” then choose your year, make and model, then click on roof assembly for parts category. Then there are pictures, part#’s and descriptions of the products we use.

Customer Service
    Grand Design RV
    11356 County RD 2 Middlebury IN 46540
    Phone: 574-825-9679
    Fax: 574-825-9249
    Last edited by mcl1jw; 02-11-2021 at 07:39 AM.
    Mike and Marita
    2019 F350 Lariat CCSB 6.7L Diesel SRW
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    Reese Elite 5th Airborne Sidewinder, Reese custom wedge, B&W Companion hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stumbled across this the other day. I'm pretty convinced this may be a good way to go. I plan to have this at the top of my to do list once we get some warm weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SCWISz52cw&t=2s
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12