Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxxair fan malfunction

Recently-such as this morning, my Maxxair fan vent opened up on its own. about a minute later, it closed on it's own. The control buttons for it are mounted on the wall below the thermostat .There is no remote. Then it made a beep like it was about to open again, but it didn't. then another beep about a minute later. Yesterday after similar occurrences I hopped on the roof and checked the rain sensor and it "looks" fine. I am in Tucson under a cloudless sky with no recent precip-or condensation. Do I have ghosts?? Thanks for any ideas!

Peter

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    Recently-such as this morning, my Maxxair fan vent opened up on its own. about a minute later, it closed on it's own. The control buttons for it are mounted on the wall below the thermostat .There is no remote. Then it made a beep like it was about to open again, but it didn't. then another beep about a minute later. Yesterday after similar occurrences I hopped on the roof and checked the rain sensor and it "looks" fine. I am in Tucson under a cloudless sky with no recent precip-or condensation. Do I have ghosts?? Thanks for any ideas!

Peter

I am not 100% positive but I believe there was some control board issues at one point. I honestly don’t remember what issues it caused. I’ve contacted Maxxair (airexcel) before about a different issue and they were extremely helpful. A call to them might get you some help.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter
    Mine works intermittently. Turn it on, sometimes the vent cap opens, sometimes not. When it doesn't, a gentle counter clockwise nudge on the manual knob will make it do its thing. Most of the time when turning off, it will shut off the fan but the vent cap won't come down...again, a gentle nudge on the manual knob (clockwise) will make it come back down. It did work for a while after purchase...maybe, 20 days into camper use it began failing. I looked at it on the roof and have zero clue what the prob might be.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine will close on its own but only if the fan is on...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Mine will do it on and off!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try contacting Maxxair and pass on what they tell me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the link in the following post in your other thread mentioning this problem.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post346064
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch