Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I did know that. Thanks for the info. Seems like the main positives to a 450 are the payload increase and the better turning radius. About everything else are cons.
    In the F-450 payload is less than the F-350. It's still a 14k lbs GVWR so that certainly was a drawback. But beefier axle and brakes and the commercial grade tires (which too have their drawbacks) helped me be ok with the fact. They are all nice trucks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cmtruckbeds.com/truck-beds/al-er-truck-bed/

Haven't priced it, but it is aluminum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add 2 more cents, the difference in the tuning of the F-series was mentioned. The rear frames are different also between the cab and chassis and the pickup box. The c-c version has straight flat frame rails. The pickup goes up and over the rear. I talked with the owner of Hughes in Ohio (super nice guy) and he can build a hauler body from a pickup. In fact he recommends it for RV towing. Just remember everything is custom, so they can build it anyway you would like. But the price is also going to reflect that.

I have a friend with a body from Hughes, very good construction and fit/finish.
    Last edited by Rescue1; 02-17-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also looking for a hauler body. I agree with what has been said here that there is nothing out there between the farm/ranch type and super high end. I like the Utility Body Werx version. Being aluminum goes a long way with me (not just for weight, but corrosion resistance as well.) The lifetime warranty is a plus also. The overall look is much better to me than the ranch style. It has some slopes and angles to it that fit the cab better and as others have said, the fit and finish is top notch.

The big drawback is the price. I believe you get what you pay for,, but WOW! So I've been looking for a used one and have not seen one yet.

I'm toying with the idea of building my own, but that's a big job and I'm probably not up for it. I'm at a loss right now.

Good to all and please post if you find a better alternative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love my Utility Body Werks body

Like someone else said, you get what you pay for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_IMG_1615826210879.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12