User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up 303 RLS Saturday

We picked up our 303 RLS this Saturday. All looks good but for a few minor details. It towed well albeit much heavier than the last trailer and had no problems backing it along the side of the house. Very well put together which was one of the primary reason for selecting GD.

The off gassing is very strong, I suspect it will subside over the next few days of leaving it open. Opened all windows and ran two fans followed by cleaning the floor which seemed to be the primary source (as it turns out was filthy, so much for PDI), better this evening. How long did for others?

I had one item during the walk through which was that the refrigerator fan sounded like it had a piece of paper in it (picture a card in a spoke), the tech said its normal to hear the fan and he wasn't concerned with the paper noise. This evening I used my IPhone to view down the top of the refrigerator vent and could see an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper taped on the outside wall next to the fan. The paper was blocking upward airflow and hitting the fan. After a few minutes with a coat hanger while continuing to use the Iphone to see down the wall I was able to pull the paper up and out. It turns out to be the build sheet that would have been taped to the wall by GD behind the refrigerator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4895.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	1673

Hoping to take it out this weekend and enjoy the 80 degree weather, all dependent on the off gassing issue subsiding.
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new Reflection! I don't remember a "off gassing" smell at all in ours. I was at dealer when it came in from factory 3 days old. I didn't realize how small the fridge cooling fan is until your pic.
    Get out and enjoy - the mountains are calling!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That "new car smell" AKA off gassing glues and plastics was quite noticeable for us for the first month or so . . . But at that time it was colder and we kept things pretty closed up. I can't say that we notice this anymore, except after a day of towing in hot weather (closed up with no AC).

The refrigerator fan noise is probably our most annoying "they are all like that . . . nothing you can do about it" item that the dealer just shrugs at. On this forum, I think I saw owner mods to improve this . . . quite a while back. Will have to get into this further myself, I guess.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS