User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

install a washer/dryer combo in a 297rsts

i'm a 170lb 68yo weakling. has anyone hoisted a 183 lb washer/dryer into that little space in the bedroom that's against the wall? there's only room for one guy. if anyone out there knows a guy that can do that, would you send him my way? thanks in advance.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i'm a 170lb 68yo weakling. has anyone hoisted a 183 lb washer/dryer into that little space in the bedroom that's against the wall? there's only room for one guy. if anyone out there knows a guy that can do that, would you send him my way? thanks in advance.
    Watching this with interest. We have a 2018 297RSTS as well but no washer/dryer. Before you get this though you should measure the openings and plan how to vent the dryer. There have been a few members here who had to rebuild cabinets to fit them in though not in our models.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Watching this with interest. We have a 2018 297RSTS as well but no washer/dryer. Before you get this though you should measure the openings and plan how to vent the dryer. There have been a few members here who had to rebuild cabinets to fit them in though not in our models.

Rob
    hey, rob. yea, i've measured for a 4.5 star rated ge combo not vented. it'll fit great. i know it's not going to be as efficient as the vented flavor, but i'm sceered to punch a hole in the wall. it would look like swiss cheese when i was done....
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    Option #2 >>>Do you still have the factory stairs on your 297RSTS? If so, folded in, you could use 24" lengths of 4x4 and slowly rock it back and forth (tilt) to add 3.5" of height at a time to get it into the rig. Then slide it into the bedroom.

I just saw an LG unit on Amaz0n that has a 24" dimension. There is about 25" in between the bed storage box and the wall in my 297RSTS. Slide the unit into place with the closet doors removed and walk it up the wall the same way...3.5" at a time.

If you have no use for the wood afterward, it'll make nice campfires.

Option #1 -- Rent a grandson or neighbor's kid! Good luck!
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoz View Post
    Option #2 >>>Do you still have the factory stairs on your 297RSTS? If so, folded in, you could use 24" lengths of 4x4 and slowly rock it back and forth (tilt) to add 3.5" of height at a time to get it into the rig. Then slide it into the bedroom.

I just saw an LG unit on Amaz0n that has a 24" dimension. There is about 25" in between the bed storage box and the wall in my 297RSTS. Slide the unit into place with the closet doors removed and walk it up the wall the same way...3.5" at a time.

If you have no use for the wood afterward, it'll make nice campfires.

Option #1 -- Rent a grandson or neighbor's kid! Good luck!
    great ideas. thanks. i look up that lg.