User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 221RB - 2 questions

Hey all, just took delivery of a new 221RB, and have a couple of questions that the dealer and GD Customer Support really did not answer (well or at all).
    1. There is a grey T Handle underneath the trailer just in front of the entry door (In addition to the 2 Grey, and 1 Black valves on the opposite side) - what does it do?
    2. I have the season Protection Package with Heated & Enclosed Underbelly w/suspended tanks - during the checkout the tech said there normally is a switch to turn on the heat for the tanks, but there is no switch. Is it on with the heat in the trailer? BTW - there is no 4 season sticker on the trailer, so not sure how it works and what low temps it would handle safely (if at all). Thank you for any help and insight.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Might be the fresh water tank drain handle.

2.You do not have heat pads on the tanks. They get heat directly from the furnace venting when it is running.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. It is to drain the fresh water tank.
    2. There are no heated pads on the tanks. The furnace has one duct hat goes down into enclosed underbelly to keep the tanks and pipes from freezing.

It is handy to keep some water in the fresh water tank when on the road for using the restroom. Check under both sinks to make sure the connections are not leaking. If they do leak a bit just hand tighten them a bit but they don't need to be too tight.
    Last edited by TXkmpr; 02-05-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others said. 1. That handle is for dumping your fresh water tank. That handle should have been white but it seems that some supplies are low for the RV construction industry due to Covid. 2. The underbelly is heated via a duck from the furnace. If the furnace isn't working, te underbelly isn't heated.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add, the heating system works as advertised. On our last trip last fall before storing it for the winter we had a week of just below freezing. Everything went well. Had some condensation on the windows, so we'll be getting small dehumidifier for when camping in cold weather.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE