User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floors do a lot of making noise when they are walked on.

Our 2020 Solitude Floors do a lot of making noise when they are walked on. Is this normal? Other people have this issue? I guess it would best be described as creaking a lot.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no its not normal to be creaking.If its still under warranty, i would take it in have it checked out

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlintx View Post
    Our 2020 Solitude Floors do a lot of making noise when they are walked on. Is this normal? Other people have this issue? I guess it would best be described as creaking a lot.
    Is the creaking coming from the floor or the suspension? I can’t believe the floor would creak due to the aluminum joist structure but I find that the suspension creaks a lot if not leveled/blocked properly.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be from the floor. Some times it sounds like the floor sheeting is hiring against the frame. Kinda wood against metal sound. Took it back where we bought it and they didn’t want to work on it. Said they had a right to refuse warenty work. Didn’t want them to work on it anyway....they are too crappy!! Talked to Grand Design and they gave me another dealer to call. Left message to call me but never did. That was two weeks ago. I wanted to take it back to the factory but they didn’t want me to.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be from the floor. Some times it sounds like the floor sheeting is hiring against the frame. Kinda wood against metal sound. Took it back where we bought it and they didn’t want to work on it. Said they had a right to refuse warenty work. Didn’t want them to work on it anyway....they are too crappy!! Talked to Grand Design and they gave me another dealer to call. Left message to call me but never did. That was two weeks ago. I wanted to take it back to the factory but they didn’t want me to.
    I'd suggest calling the second dealer again, and ask to speak to a supervisor, not just anyone who answers the phone. If that doesn't come through, then contact GD again. They are very good about OKing another repair facility (not necessarily a dealer).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue on my 2021 Solitude 380FL. We contacted a regional GD servicing dealer and had it inspected. You can see screw heads popping up under the vinyl flooring at one end of the deck. Problem is only in upper living area deck. No obvious sign of frame issues externally. GD has authorized repairs and has asked dealer to thoroughly inspect frame, including removal of neck panel to verify that this really is just a fastener issue. We are taking it in next week to have the work done.
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 01-31-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: clarity
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly like ours!! Started in bathroom and migrated to bedroom. Little bit in living area but mainly upper level.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD is probably stripping the screws out going into the aluminum floor joists. No filler? No glue? A product like Sikaflex would be the ticket.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 2930RL Solitude. After our first trip the floor started squeaking around the kitchen island and entry door. We were told by Grand Design the warranty doesn't cover
    squeaks. Our dealer told us a lot of times its from screws in the floor run up against framing members and rubbing or a gap between the sheet flooring. In our case they said they would have to drop the tanks to get to them and Grand Design would not cover cost. So we live with a squeaky floor. Very annoying. We've had several RVs over the years but never one with annoying squeaky floors. Good luck.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a squeaky bedroom floor - I added some plastic wedges with some black geocell to hold them in place. The problem is there is a small gap between the floor and the crossmember. Fixed it through the ceiling of the front storage area. So far so good.