User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motion Guard Exterior Lights

Ever since we purchased our trailer, I have never been impressed with the exterior speaker quality. Also the blue LED lights in them were useless to me. I’d rather use a good Bluetooth speaker if I want music.

So I did some research for exterior lights to take their space. I needed something large enough to cover the existing screw holes. I also wanted an LED light that faced down a bit so I’m not lighting up my neighbors.

I eventually locating a product by Motion Guard. The lights were around $59 each, and were slightly larger than the screw holes that were there for the speakers.

Today I removed the old speakers, cleaned off all the silicone, and followed the steps to install the lights. They operate off low amperage DC. Took me a couple hours, but it wasn’t bad at all. I sealed the new lights with pro flex, which worked pretty well as long as you have a wet soapy finger to tool with.

The lights are plenty bright. I operate them from my outside switch in the entertainment center. I could wire another switch to that I suppose if I want to have a switch inside, but I’ll give this a try first.

These lights will stay continuously on, or activate with motion. They are plenty bright and do shine down, but also out a bit further than I hoped. I think they will be a great addition. Just info if anyone’s interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D462BBB0-B9A5-44D0-9407-6F512EF86D19.jpeg   0A467186-9AA8-44B3-8272-E3847EF5D301.jpeg   E3BA20A5-96C5-4BF6-8071-44ED189D5246.jpeg  
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will they come on when towing during hours of darkness or can they be turned off? Could make for some interesting highway and interstate travel.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Will they come on when towing during hours of darkness or can they be turned off? Could make for some interesting highway and interstate travel.
    They would not, as you would turn the switch off that operates them. They have three modes:

1. Off
    2. Motion activated
    3. Continuously on

But I like the way you think...
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Ever since we purchased our trailer, I have never been impressed with the exterior speaker quality. Also the blue LED lights in them were useless to me. I’d rather use a good Bluetooth speaker if I want music.

So I did some research for exterior lights to take their space. I needed something large enough to cover the existing screw holes. I also wanted an LED light that faced down a bit so I’m not lighting up my neighbors.

I eventually locating a product by Motion Guard. The lights were around $59 each, and were slightly larger than the screw holes that were there for the speakers.

Today I removed the old speakers, cleaned off all the silicone, and followed the steps to install the lights. They operate off low amperage DC. Took me a couple hours, but it wasn’t bad at all. I sealed the new lights with pro flex, which worked pretty well as long as you have a wet soapy finger to tool with.

The lights are plenty bright. I operate them from my outside switch in the entertainment center. I could wire another switch to that I suppose if I want to have a switch inside, but I’ll give this a try first.

These lights will stay continuously on, or activate with motion. They are plenty bright and do shine down, but also out a bit further than I hoped. I think they will be a great addition. Just info if anyone’s interested.
    Very nice. I am all for any modifications that make a 297 RSTS a better RV than the good one GD built!
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this. I want to do the same but with amber lights. Did you use existing speaker wire? Or did you pull new wire?