User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 310GK Stainless steel Refrigerator Panel Question

Hello folks, we're going to be taking delivery of a new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. It's got the double door electric/propane refrigerator with the stainless steel doors. One of the doors has a dent in it. Can you order a new panel to replace it? Has anyone done this and how much does it cost? We've look at a few of these models and it seems dents are not uncommon.

TIA, Ron

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Hello folks, we're going to be taking delivery of a new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. It's got the double door electric/propane refrigerator with the stainless steel doors. One of the doors has a dent in it. Can you order a new panel to replace it? Has anyone done this and how much does it cost? We've look at a few of these models and it seems dents are not uncommon.

TIA, Ron
    I am interested in this also. You will need the make and model (and possibly the serial number) to get the correct part. It should be a Norcold 2118SST, but I suggest you confirm the information.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you that individual doors are indeed available. While mine was under warranty, one of the doors came open while towing on a winding road and became dented by hitting the island. The latch had not securely kept the door closed. Grand Design replaced the door under warranty. They sent me the door via UPS and I replaced it my self....pretty easy. While replacing, I added a small washer to the pin at the bottom thereby raising that door about and 1/8th of inch which made the door latch better and solve a sticking flap issue which was causing the refrig to not cool properly. (You can read about the sticking flap in other threads here on the forum.) But, to answer your question...Yes, replacement doors are available. I just don’t know where.
    2017 Solitude 310GK; 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton; Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post

TIA, Ron
    If the dent is on the left door (looking at it), I would check the plumbing in the island. Leaving the extension up on the table & closing the slides will push the island into the fridge. Don't ask my DW about this, it's kind of a sore subject.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on the right side door as you're looking at it. Previous owner opened the door and it hit a bottle of Tequila a friend was holding!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    If the dent is on the left door (looking at it), I would check the plumbing in the island. Leaving the extension up on the table & closing the slides will push the island into the fridge. Don't ask my DW about this, it's kind of a sore subject.
    Is she sore at you, or sore at herself? Those tend to come with different consequences.

I'm sore at myself. Ours was stored for a while, and when I arrived to move it I hastily thought, "I don't have to go inside to check anything, it was road-ready when I brought it here." Forgot that I had opened the fridge doors to avoid growing something in it.

Both main doors bumped against countertop corners before they closed themselves and are dented enough to piss me off when I look at them. I doubt that I'll spend over a thousand to replace the two doors - which I strongly suspect that it would cost - but I'm watching for @Ron3rd report.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm first going to check with one of those paintless dent removal guys to see if he can fix it. Looks like the door is about $500.