User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Before you choose a plan (or not) check with RV Repair facilities you trust and use and see if they accept the Good Sam plan and what they think about it. I've read some posts in this forum where people have used it at home and on the road.
    This is a good idea. I have an idea on a few places I'd go so I'll see what they take. Haven't decided 100% on anything yet.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not purchase any extras from the Dealership. Everything was so much more expensive at the dealership vs purchasing elsewhere.

The Finance Guy did put a big push on the extended warranty; wanted me to finance it for 10 years even though all of the warranted items are only covered for a few years. I am pretty handy so I should be able to fix most of the problems that develop. The warranty always seems to be a hard sell, probably because they are so expensive and there is soooo much profit in them. After a few "no"s on my part he offered to sell me the warranty for 50% off; still said no. IF I were to consider purchasing a warranty I would not buy from the dealer. Also, I would need to read the entire warranty package very thoroughly and understand it in advance of purchase. There are too many stories about people having warranty claims and being denied because they did not follow the very detailed claim process or the specific issue wasn't covered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123