User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the husky centerline. It's still new so I haven't heard any creaking yet. I had a Reese PRO Series and that was also noisy but I was able to grease those bars since the sway control was a separate mechanism. The centerline feels way more confident in weight distribution and sway control though.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    It's much more expensive than your on-line options, but I would highly recommend the ProPride hitch. I had a 2018 2800bh until last year. Significant issues with sway, push/suck on highways and cross winds until I installed the ProPride. I'm sure other WD hitches reduce sway, ProPride will basically eliminate it. Just my $0.02.
    X2 on the ProPride. And you can open your tailgate with it as well. And you can adjust it on the fly as all you need is a drill with a 3/4" socket to adjust the weight bars. And you can keep it for your next trailer or it also has a great resale value.

No noise at all.

I had the husky centerline on my previous camper. The noise just kept getting worse until it sounded like my old Equalizer I had on the camper before that.
    Last edited by Hornsky; 02-10-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Setting Up Camp AdirondackCamper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    Dang, I was going to chime in with my 2 cents worth.
    LOL, I haven't bought anything yet so lets here you 2 cents.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800 BH (Proposed Delivery Date is May)
    2007 Ford F-250 CCSB King Ranch W/Tow Pkg 6.0 Diesel (Bullet Proofed)

Setting Up Camp AdirondackCamper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisRebel82 View Post
    I use a 4 point Equalizer on my 3250BH. At 37' it is a long TT and have never had any issues with sway even in decent winds. I use the 1600lb setup and it is really solid. Err on the side of too much sway control versus too little. For your 2800BH with GVWR of 7995lbs I would recommend the 1200lb.

If your dealer is setting it up for you at pickup, bring a torque wrench, breaker bar, and appropriate sockets with you. Chances are they will not set things up perfectly at the shop. I was getting a little bit of sway and had to make some adjustments (adding washers) to get it right. There are great videos on Youtube that they put out on how to adjust it.

I kind of figured this as well, that the dealer won't really set it up with as much care as I will so I will be setting it up.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800 BH (Proposed Delivery Date is May)
    2007 Ford F-250 CCSB King Ranch W/Tow Pkg 6.0 Diesel (Bullet Proofed)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCamper View Post
    I kind of figured this as well, that the dealer won't really set it up with as much care as I will so I will be setting it up.
    I disagree with this

My dealer sells so many units the tech knew exactly how to set it up perfectly

That is why I went with the Husky. I have used Equalizer but I wanted to leave immediately after getting there so I wanted it all set up
    He knew what kind of truck I had and has done so many of them knew how many washers and height
    Unless you have a modded truck it is easy for a good tech
    Initial 1300 km was flawless. One finger driving all the way home. He had it dialed perfectly
    Of course once I load it I will have to readjust but nothing can be done about that

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the ProPride channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAH...9byI2fJhWp2KGQ

All the other hitches mentioned work using friction for the sway control, hence the noise being heard (metal on metal).

ProPride is a whole different concept which eliminates sway (you feel the wind but it is moving the truck and trailer together as there is no pivot point at the ball).
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the equalizer and switched to the Anderson WDH. Love it 1,000 times more. I have a 2021 2800BH with a 2020 Chevrolet 2500HD. The Anderson is lighter and easier to set up. Personally I have less sway with the Anderson and it’s quiet. The loud thumping and creeping with the Equalizer got annoying.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCamper View Post
    I've been searching online and on this forum all the different hitches and I'm about to go crazy.
    I think I've narrowed it down to 3. They are:
    Reese Steadi-Flex 66559 $737.53
    Curt 17500 TruTrack. $479.99
    Equal-i-zer 4 point. $657.99
    All from Amazon.

Anyone have options on these or this topic? I sure could use some helpful insight.
    I know it's not on your list, but it's mentioned a few time on this thread. I really like the Anderson system. It's simple, quiet, light weight and can also be hooked up while backing up. Weight distribution is good and I've had zero sway issues with it. FWIW I guess. I'm sure what ever you pick will work great. Best of luck getting it narrowed down.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kemccarrel View Post
    I know it's not on your list, but it's mentioned a few time on this thread. I really like the Anderson system. It's simple, quiet, light weight and can also be hooked up while backing up. Weight distribution is good and I've had zero sway issues with it. FWIW I guess. I'm sure what ever you pick will work great. Best of luck getting it narrowed down.
    The Husky I have and the equalizer I had can be hooked up while backing up

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a Husky Centerline for the last five years, and over 20K miles. It has been great, no sway, and no problems with trucks or in the winds. Easy to hook up, but can be noisy at times.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast