User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCamper View Post
    LOL, I haven't bought anything yet so lets here you 2 cents.
    Well you already decided that you did not want a Blue Ox setup because of the chains. Why I do not know. But as you asked so nicely; I use a Blue Ox with 1400lb trunnion bars, that is the weight distribution part. The sway control comes from the camber that the trunnion bars are set at. The trunnion bearings are semi sealed and equipped with grease nipples, which will help with longevity. We recently went to the Outer Banks here in NC, very windy, as the Wright brothers wanted. With 30 MPH gusting crosswinds I could feel the "thumping" as the trailer was hit with gusts and tried to push the truck and trailer to the side, but never experienced any sway. This system is silent and works in both directions and I can also open the tailgate as needed with this system. My last two TT's were used with a reese system with cam trunnion bars for sway control, when set up correctly it worked very well, but was noisy, especially at low speeds in the campground when the trunnion bars left the cams on cornering etc...
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the R6 Recurve and been very pleased with it. Super easy.

Setting Up Camp AdirondackCamper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone that posted they're preference. I had no idea that there are so many options out there. I decided to plunk down the cash for a Weigh-safe. I got to see one in person on a similar truck as mine.
    Happy Camping!
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800 BH (Proposed Delivery Date is May)
    2007 Ford F-250 CCSB King Ranch W/Tow Pkg 6.0 Diesel (Bullet Proofed)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hensley Hitch Experience?

Thanks for replying. I hadn’t considered the Husky or the Anderson, I will look into them. I don’t like the chain on the Blue Ox so I won’t consider them.
    What do you guys mean when you say it’s noisy? What sound is it making like a banging or scraping sound?
    We have a Curt, but are considering an upgrade to Hensley.

What has been peoples experience with the Hensley (or similar style) hitch?

Is it as good as they say?

What if any are the negatives?

Imagine 3170BH TT
    RAM Laramie Longhorn 1500
    2019 GD Imagine 3170BH TT
    2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew 4x4 short box, max tow, sumo springs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anglinfam View Post
    We have a Curt, but are considering an upgrade to Hensley.

What has been peoples experience with the Hensley (or similar style) hitch?

Is it as good as they say?

What if any are the negatives?

Imagine 3170BH TT
    RAM Laramie Longhorn 1500
    I love my ProPride hitch. It was designed by Mr. Hensley after he designed the original Hensley hitch. They both work on the same concept but with the ProPride hitch, there is no drilling into the the camper frame like there is with the Hensley hitch.

I would say the only negative is the cost, but I expect this to outlast any previous hitch that I've had (Husky centerline and Equalizer 4 pt). I feel the cost is easily justified based on my setup feeling more safe and in control.

Hooking up is easy, I can open my tailgate while hooked up, the weight distribution adjusting is done with a drill and a 3/4" socket, no noise and no "white knuckle" moments from wind or tractor trailers. Feeling safe is worth it.
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Reese Stead-I Flex, 12,00 lb with 1,200 lift bars. The bars actually ride on a brake pad type material to control sway and to totally eliminate any noise generated on making any turns. It is extremely easy to install and hood up, plus I can open my tail gate when the trailer is hooked up.
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone that posted they're preference. I had no idea that there are so many options out there. I decided to plunk down the cash for a Weigh-safe. I got to see one in person on a similar truck as mine.
    Happy Camping!
    I feel that you'll be well satisfied with that hitch. I know several that have it and have been very pleased with the performance. The app is pretty amazing.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you've already made your decision but for others reading this thread, we are total noobs and decided on the Reese Stedi-flex 1 K bars. Glad to hear that others are using the same product without any complaints as we have been satisfied with it as well. The weigh-safe systems has my attention and I plan on doing alittle reading on that set-up. If that is what you went with, let us know your experience with it!!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234