User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple questions

Hi- We just brought our 303 rls fw home this week and it has many features we like over our old 2012 fw. One thing I expected was a way to lock out the front jacks so no one else can back under it and tow it away. A piece of mind feature when leaving the camper for awhile. Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that there isn't a floor under the propane tank storage area. Seems like an easy way for dirt and mud to collect there. Or for rodents to enter. Is this a safety issue?
    Thanks for any ideas!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issues with the propane compartment, it ensures it is vented in the event of a leak so the propane cant build up in the area.

For the landing gear controls, you can put a switch inline of the exterior switch, place it in the front basement compartment which is locked. I plan on doing the same to my 311 before camping season starts. Right now my battery is disconnected so I'm not too worried about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobWestdorp View Post
    Hi- We just brought our 303 rls fw home this week and it has many features we like over our old 2012 fw. One thing I expected was a way to lock out the front jacks so no one else can back under it and tow it away. A piece of mind feature when leaving the camper for awhile. Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that there isn't a floor under the propane tank storage area. Seems like an easy way for dirt and mud to collect there. Or for rodents to enter. Is this a safety issue?
    Thanks for any ideas!
    The open floor under the propane tank is a safety feature. Propane is heavier than air and if there is a leak it will not collect in the compartment. Some people have put wire shelving in the bottom of the compartment so it it still open for venting, but can be used for storage.

I am not much help on locking the front jacks. If you are concerned about theft, I would use a king pin lock. You might want to disconnect a battery lead when you leave the trailer. This will have the advantage of one more thing a thief would have to do to steal the trailer. It also has the advantage of protecting the battery from discharge (a battery connected to the trailer will completely discharge in a couple of weeks and risk damage - the battery disconnect does not completely disconnect the battery. Disconnected (by removing a lead), the battery will last for many months).

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-06-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobWestdorp View Post

Thanks for any ideas!
    This is what we bought for our fiver king pin lock: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DQ3F3HC...p_mob_ap_share.

It's a great lock. Or, at least, I like it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark! Didn't know about those.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged