Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Double Freshwater Supply Line?

I'm helping a fellow RVer who can't get his freshwater pump to prime.

His non-Grand Design travel trailer has, what appears to be, (2) supply lines coming from the freshwater tank, as seen in the accompanying photograph.

I've never seen double supply lines on any RV that I've owned, so I'm wondering if it's actual a supply line or if it's something else and could be drawing air.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pump.jpg  

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger View Post
    I'm helping a fellow RVer who can't get his freshwater pump to prime.

His non-Grand Design travel trailer has, what appears to be, (2) supply lines coming from the freshwater tank, as seen in the accompanying photograph.

I've never seen double supply lines on any RV that I've owned, so I'm wondering if it's actual a supply line or if it's something else and could be drawing air.

Any ideas?
    I can't say for sure, but I did see one diagram on the internet that had the line from the freshwater tank AND the antifreeze supply line before the water pump. The antifreeze line for winterization would have a valve on it. Like the one in your picture.

If that valve was opened and the winterization line is in plugged that would draw air.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I can't say for sure, but I did see one diagram on the internet that had the line from the freshwater tank AND the antifreeze supply line before the water pump. The antifreeze line for winterization would have a valve on it. Like the one in your picture.

If that valve was opened and the winterization line is in plugged that would draw air.
    There’s an antifreeze line that runs to the pump. It can be seen above the two freshwater lines.

The freshwater & antifreeze lines converge at a 2-way valve, just prior to the pump inlet ((suction side). I‘ve verified that the valve is in the correct position to draw water from the freshwater tank.