Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steps up to the bedroom

Has anyone had problems with the steps up to the bathroom/bedroom squeaking? It seems the squeak is coming from the side that is up against the outside wall. On my last visit to our dealership for our final repair/adjustment the tech told me he removed the steps and put brackets under the steps to firm them up. Again not sure if he actually did it or not. Couldn't see where he was able to remove the steps. They are a little better but still squeak when I walk up or down them. Any ideas in how I can fix this problem?
    Gerry & JoAnn Filippi
    2022 Dodge Laramie 2500 Diesel 4x4
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Plumas County, CA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine squeak when it is cold outside. No squeak when temps are above 60 degrees (or so) - outside temp.

I looked into removing the treads to see where they squeak but it seemed to involve getting under them. I wasn't in the mood for major work under there so I just live with it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pull the wall in the basement and get to the underside to see what is going on.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. I did that and did see where our dealership did replace some screws. Although it didn't work at least they did what they said they would do. What I did was use a very small wooden shim and gently tapped it in between the outside wall and the step itself. Then broke off the piece and tapped it some more and that fixed the problem. If you weren't looking for it you'd never see the wedge. Hopefully this fixes the problem.
    Gerry & JoAnn Filippi
    2022 Dodge Laramie 2500 Diesel 4x4
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Plumas County, CA