Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 376THS 31% off MSRP

Quote Originally Posted by Recon7 View Post
    Are you in Oregon? We are and we are dealing with Roberson and RV Country.
    I was shopping 4 different dealers in Oregon. B Young (2 locations), Blue Dog in Redmond, and Roberson in Salem, OR. I went onto Grand Designs website and built my 2021 376THS-R with every option except the chairs. My build sheet added up to a little over $149K. Upon looking at the MSRP on my dealer build sheet that has my Vin on it the total comes to $153,019 which includes the shipping. After lots of negotiating with all 4 dealers I got to the price of $104,900 out the door minus tax and registration which is like $900. After putting a $5000 deposit on the trailer with Blue Dog Redmond I got a call from Roberson a week later. Roberson said that they could get me the same trailer ordered for $101,000. It was too late at that point. So hypothetically Roberson had the best deal. So with my savings I'm at 31% off MSRP. I ordered on Jan 4th, 2021 with a arrival date of early May. It's already in paint as of a week ago. All you have to do is get a price in writing via email after talking to a sales Rep then talk to others dealers. Dealers are going to want to see proof of your offers. I've heard that there is a shortage of Onan generators for current purchases of customs orders.
    Last edited by wingman503; 03-28-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect. I didn't like Blue Dog. I do like Roberson. That's for the input. If your unit is built, it should have the generator. Anything built after this week will come without them. Investors, AC, and refers are all starting to see a shortage as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still use Blue Dog as one of your deals so that Roberson has something to compete with. B Young RV in Portland wouldn't go below $109k. The B Young in Woodland as willing to deal too. I was just use the others as ammunition so that Roberson with negotiate with you. Give it time too Roberson was slow to respond in negotiation. If you need a deal sheet to use let me know. Not sure if you were getting a 376THS-R.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 397TH with all the options except super sofa and deck chairs. The first one to come into Canada with the 8K axles & disk brakes.
    MSRP $152,089 USD. Ordered early July 2020.

We paid $141,000 CDN when it arrived in early November 2020. I think the exchange was 0.72 on the day it crossed the border.

$152,089 USD should be $195,833 CDN at .072 exchange, so about 28.8 % off MSRP unless my math is off.

The dealer also filled the fuel & propane tanks, included a bunch of electrical adapters, a couple hoodies and some other odds and ends. We spent a few hours of time with a couple of their techs going over all the finer details of the unit.

You really have to shop around. We ordered from a dealer 2 provinces over as it was $40K CDN less then next lowest quote.

I printed off exactly what we wanted and sent it to all the GD dealers in western Canada. I was shocked at the difference in pricing from dealer to dealer for the exact same unit. It wasn't like they were going to have to order it and sit on it and pay interest on inventory, it was a guaranteed sale.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider. I didn't even know about the heat pump option. It wasn't on the online build sheet. It was about a $285 upgrade. It will save you on propane.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman503 View Post
    Another thing to consider. I didn't even know about the heat pump option. It wasn't on the online build sheet. It was about a $285 upgrade. It will save you on propane.
    Definitely.

With the heat pump & fireplace going we can easily keep it 70 inside when it's 32 outside. I don't know what the heat pump draws for current, but both will run on 30 amp service, as well as lights, TV, HW tank and the microwave so it can't be that much. Easy to save that much on propane in one season if the weather is cooler.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to order a new 2021/2022 GD Momentum M-351-R with just about every option, full paint, upgraded axles, 3 AC, through Lazy Days, has anyone had any experience with them, I sent them our build sheet and waiting for them to reply with the price, but a 351-M-R loaded is $130K SO I figure they will come back with a price in the $90K range. Should we also contact other dealers or are they a really good dealer for Momentums? We are selling our Montana 3121RL so we can move to a Toy Hauler with our new dog and golf cart, I really do not want to upgrade my truck to a Dually, so we need to stay with this model to stay within payload and towing capacity on our new 2021 GMC 3500HD AT4.

This will be our First Grand Design and most likely the last RV we buy, however that being said we know people who have them, and we are going with them for their customer service and the models they have. Does anyone have a 351 and how do they like it, my wife'sgood friend has a 2018 and they love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    We are about to order a new 2021/2022 GD Momentum M-351-R with just about every option, full paint, upgraded axles, 3 AC, through Lazy Days, has anyone had any experience with them, I sent them our build sheet and waiting for them to reply with the price, but a 351-M-R loaded is $130K SO I figure they will come back with a price in the $90K range. Should we also contact other dealers or are they a really good dealer for Momentums? We are selling our Montana 3121RL so we can move to a Toy Hauler with our new dog and golf cart, I really do not want to upgrade my truck to a Dually, so we need to stay with this model to stay within payload and towing capacity on our new 2021 GMC 3500HD AT4.

This will be our First Grand Design and most likely the last RV we buy, however that being said we know people who have them, and we are going with them for their customer service and the models they have. Does anyone have a 351 and how do they like it, my wife'sgood friend has a 2018 and they love it.
    We purchased our 2021 Imagine 2970RL from Lazy Days Tampa. It was a great experience! I purchased through their Internet sales section after unsuccessful negotiations with another GD dealer in the area. We didn't go to the dealer until our trailer arrived and we went to pick-it up and take care of all the paperwork. Our experience was nothing but positive. The ability to take delivery and stay overnight was great. Found a couple very small items that were resolved by the technician right there in their overnight lot.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear about Lazy Days. We’re looking at doing the same as you did.

What percentage off MSRP were you able to get?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    We purchased our 2021 Imagine 2970RL from Lazy Days Tampa. It was a great experience! I purchased through their Internet sales section after unsuccessful negotiations with another GD dealer in the area. We didn't go to the dealer until our trailer arrived and we went to pick-it up and take care of all the paperwork. Our experience was nothing but positive. The ability to take delivery and stay overnight was great. Found a couple very small items that were resolved by the technician right there in their overnight lot.
    Basically what I was hoping to hear as they have a large Dealer network to support our unit for the things I can not repair, also Camping World was good for the sale of our Keystone Montana, but everything after that was a disaster, they are useless for service. I do not need to know what you paid but did you get 30% off msrp, and did they charge you any silly fees or Freight or Prep? I heard they have their own delivery folks who pick them up from the MFG's and bring them to the LD dealer sites. Also thank you for the positive reply I feel a lot better

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast