User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    We are about to order a new 2021/2022 GD Momentum M-351-R with just about every option, full paint, upgraded axles, 3 AC, through Lazy Days, has anyone had any experience with them, I sent them our build sheet and waiting for them to reply with the price, but a 351-M-R loaded is $130K SO I figure they will come back with a price in the $90K range. Should we also contact other dealers or are they a really good dealer for Momentums? We are selling our Montana 3121RL so we can move to a Toy Hauler with our new dog and golf cart, I really do not want to upgrade my truck to a Dually, so we need to stay with this model to stay within payload and towing capacity on our new 2021 GMC 3500HD AT4.

This will be our First Grand Design and most likely the last RV we buy, however that being said we know people who have them, and we are going with them for their customer service and the models they have. Does anyone have a 351 and how do they like it, my wife'sgood friend has a 2018 and they love it.
    We purchased/ordered thru Lazydays in Nashville TN (Murfreesboro actually). Our salesman was great to work with, and we liked the comfort of having a bit of network behind the purchase. We could have saved a little bit more money elsewhere, but they came VERY close to matching our best price on our 2021 395MS order. We ended up right at 28% off MSRP for our well optioned unit with FBP.

I would strongly recommend that you consider the 8K axle and brake upgrade. When we were looking, the 2-axle units had very limited cargo capacity without it. Some on the order of less than 2500 lbs. The axle upgrade gives you an additional 1K lbs of GVWR, which bumps that number up comfortably into the 3500ish lb range. Even if you load it up, shouldn't hopefully put your pin weight over the limit for you, especially if you have a decent amount of the weight in the garage.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    Basically what I was hoping to hear as they have a large Dealer network to support our unit for the things I can not repair, also Camping World was good for the sale of our Keystone Montana, but everything after that was a disaster, they are useless for service. I do not need to know what you paid but did you get 30% off msrp, and did they charge you any silly fees or Freight or Prep? I heard they have their own delivery folks who pick them up from the MFG's and bring them to the LD dealer sites. Also thank you for the positive reply I feel a lot better
    We got close to 30% I think we were at about 28% off MSRP. But after two failed negotiations at two other dealers I was confident the price we paid at LD was the current market price. I wasn't going to get it any lower anywhere else. We did pay the delivery/transport fee. But we did get an equalizer WDH included with the purchase. In the end we were happy with the deal so it didn't really matter that we did not get the mythical 30-35% off MSRP. If manufacturers and dealers want to make buyers feel like they are getting a deal all they have to do is raise the MSRP number. They can raise it so it seems everybody is getting 50% off. I am a purchasing manager in public procurement and the biggest irritant to me is when a supplier tells me they will give us 15% off list price. What the H&%$ is 'list price'. It is a number they made up. So . . . percent off list or percent of MSRP means nothing unless we the consumer know exactly their COST. If the price is fair and reasonable AND you are happy with the price then everything is good. IMHO.

As for service, I don't know. The only thing we had done was they installed the slide toppers at our request. And did a great job. I anticipate/expect to do any repairs myself. Here is a funny thing, we bought our GD from LD Tampa which is a long 2 hours from our home. We store our trailer directly behind the LD in Wildwood, FL, maybe 200 yards away. When we purchased the trailer at LD Tampa we asked about work and whether it could be done at the LD Wildwood. I should have been more specific and asked if the LD Wildwood can do GD warranty work. I stopped by the LD Wildwood store to ask them if they could and they said no they would not do GD warranty work. They'll be more than happy to do non-warranty work. So, a small miscommunication. Not a big deal as I haven't had to have anything done to our trailer.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I thought it would be appropriate to follow-up from when I created this post in February. Last week we drove to Evans and Son RV in Petersburg Indiana to pick up our new 395MS. We decided to make a road trip and visit family on the way back in Illinois. Round trip from Idaho around 3800 miles. Delivery out west I've been told is 4-5K depending. And now fuel is higher. We had fun at every stop along the way and fuel cost me just under $1200.

In February Evan's gave us 31% off the GD Web Page Build Price. This is a FB Paint w/ Burnt Orange plus several options added. Connie is amazing in Sales. She has been with Evans for nearly 9 years. I met Steve Evans personally who started this family business 30 years ago. He is an amazing patriot and built the business himself. Every person from Sales and Service was absolutely wonderful. It seems everyone that works there loves it and I'm guessing get's treated well. I've bought a lot of RVs over the years and never had such a great experience. I don't care about the service side as I do all my own. I know some dealers stress that if you buy from them they'll treat you different. I don't buy it.

Before we left that day, I observed Steve Evans out loading the Ice Machine out front. It seems he understands how to start and run a business. Before we drove off, he came over to me and just wanted to thank me for coming to Evans and appreciated the business. Additionally he shared that since my order date in February, the price of my unit had gone up $8K. He said he ran the numbers that morning out of curiosity.

If your serious about pricing and maybe willing to drive a little, I'll tell you it is worth it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    Well I thought it would be appropriate to follow-up from when I created this post in February. Last week we drove to Evans and Son RV in Petersburg Indiana to pick up our new 395MS. We decided to make a road trip and visit family on the way back in Illinois. Round trip from Idaho around 3800 miles. Delivery out west I've been told is 4-5K depending. And now fuel is higher. We had fun at every stop along the way and fuel cost me just under $1200.

In February Evan's gave us 31% off the GD Web Page Build Price. This is a FB Paint w/ Burnt Orange plus several options added. Connie is amazing in Sales. She has been with Evans for nearly 9 years. I met Steve Evans personally who started this family business 30 years ago. He is an amazing patriot and built the business himself. Every person from Sales and Service was absolutely wonderful. It seems everyone that works there loves it and I'm guessing get's treated well. I've bought a lot of RVs over the years and never had such a great experience. I don't care about the service side as I do all my own. I know some dealers stress that if you buy from them they'll treat you different. I don't buy it.

Before we left that day, I observed Steve Evans out loading the Ice Machine out front. It seems he understands how to start and run a business. Before we drove off, he came over to me and just wanted to thank me for coming to Evans and appreciated the business. Additionally he shared that since my order date in February, the price of my unit had gone up $8K. He said he ran the numbers that morning out of curiosity.

If your serious about pricing and maybe willing to drive a little, I'll tell you it is worth it.

Just 8k? The MSRP on our 320G went up 20k. Maybe his cost went up 8K. That’s a huge difference from what MSRP changed Thats a heck of a mark up for that difference.
    2021 Momentum 320G

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678