User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Far Below MSRP Realistically Can We Expect Dealers to Go

Curious what percentage below MSRP (or GD Build Sheet) others have paid for their Momentum Toy Haulers in the last 12-15 months. Several factors I know come into play (the virus, seasonality, supply/demand, etc.)

I'm in Idaho and currently negotiating with a dealer to order a 2021 395MS. Ordering with paint, King Bed, and a few other options. I'm close to about 25% off MSRP and I seem to be close to getting them to agree. No trade-in and I can pay cash or finance if it benefits them to get a lender kick-back.

I'm just trying to determine if any dealers around the country have recently budged for 30% or more below MSRP. I have two other data points from 2018 and 2020 that others paid about 20% and 25% respectfully.

I know even at these percentage, these dealers are still making a good amount of money.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on their purchase and any tips too that might help. I've bought/sold a few 5th Toyhaulers over the last 25 years and all new-used private party. So that's a whole different ball game.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Northwest you are lucky to get anything off. There is too much demand here right now.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased our 311 from Bish's (Idaho Falls) and got about 30% off msrp. I picked one off the lot, it would have been more for a custom order since they said prices were higher for anything manufactured after a certain date. I didn't believe it, but I got quotes from 3 other dealers that said the same thing and none were able to beat Bish's price even with one they had in inventory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently shopping/pricing a Momentum from multiple dealers for a custom order. Current quotes in hand range from 25% to just a tad under 29% off.

Steve
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve thank you for your information. I知 curious about a few things to make sure of a good comparison.

1) which state(s) are you quoting from?
    2) if financing, some dealers will do a little discount due to a kickback from loan originator
    3) confirm this excludes any trade in

I think it helps for us all to communicate so future buyers don稚 pay too much. RV MSPR is freely shared, but actual dealer invoice price is never or rarely shared. 29% is pretty good. I知 getting resistance at 25% but also pursuing another dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in TN near Nashville.

The quotes thus far are from PA (family near dealer), GA, AL and MO.

I don't have quotes from my local TN dealers yet.

I asked for a purchase quote for a spec I built on GD's site to be ordered. No mention to dealer of how I planned to pay, and no trade.

Hope that helps!

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve that is perfect. I too built a unit off the website and then sent the sheet to the dealers. Depending on how this all works out, I will try to update this post with my final percentage number. It would be good if others could do the same. But again it has to be on equal comparison. Finance kick backs and trade-ins will skew the data. I would still like to hear from others if they could share their pricing experience as well. Just clarify an nuisances if they exist.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    Curious what percentage below MSRP (or GD Build Sheet) others have paid for their Momentum Toy Haulers in the last 12-15 months. Several factors I know come into play (the virus, seasonality, supply/demand, etc.)

I'm in Idaho and currently negotiating with a dealer to order a 2021 395MS. Ordering with paint, King Bed, and a few other options. I'm close to about 25% off MSRP and I seem to be close to getting them to agree. No trade-in and I can pay cash or finance if it benefits them to get a lender kick-back.

I'm just trying to determine if any dealers around the country have recently budged for 30% or more below MSRP. I have two other data points from 2018 and 2020 that others paid about 20% and 25% respectfully.

I know even at these percentage, these dealers are still making a good amount of money.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on their purchase and any tips too that might help. I've bought/sold a few 5th Toyhaulers over the last 25 years and all new-used private party. So that's a whole different ball game.
    What's the MSRP you are looking at and the sale price being offered?

I ordered a 395MS-R in September that's due any day now. I did like you and called nationwide for pricing and I seemed to learn certain elective options varied the % off MSRP. On the momentum line, getting 25% off is very good right now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank Thank you Texas Yankee for your input. I can see you ordered the same trailer but with a residential refrigerator. The only significant options I知 ordering online is full body paint, king size bed., generator, Happi Jack Bed, and 3rd AC.

I could imagine that ordering vs off the lot could also skew this a little. Now I have 4
    Data points that suggest 25% off MSRP is the likely the lower end. In this market too dealers are likely to hold out with some negotiator types since they sell most on the lot as soon as they get them. The old supply and demand theory

I知 curious if you ordered dual pane and or 8k axle w/ disk. I opted not to after some research,
    But maybe could be talked into for other reasons I may not have considered

Thanks

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    Thank Thank you Texas Yankee for your input. I can see you ordered the same trailer but with a residential refrigerator. The only significant options I知 ordering online is full body paint, king size bed., generator, Happi Jack Bed, and 3rd AC.

I could imagine that ordering vs off the lot could also skew this a little. Now I have 4
    Data points that suggest 25% off MSRP is the likely the lower end. In this market too dealers are likely to hold out with some negotiator types since they sell most on the lot as soon as they get them. The old supply and demand theory

I知 curious if you ordered dual pane and or 8k axle w/ disk. I opted not to after some research,
    But maybe could be talked into for other reasons I may not have considered

Thanks
    I ordered nearly all options under the sun, except solar. I did get the double pane windows and 8k axle for sure as I've read a lot about them, but I didn't get the patio chairs. Full body paint is one if the options that skews that discount off MSRP. Dealers can't really discount that option since it's not truly a factory in house thing (I've heard this unsolicited from several dealerships across the USA). I was able to get about 2% additional off MSRP if I opted out of paint alone. It is certainly not the market to favor buyers due to the demand of RVs right now. So while 25% may have been on the low end 13 months ago, now it's pretty good in lots of cases. The Momentum line is also GDs premium line so they're less willing to drop that price down and devalue the product. Just in these forums there are members whose dealerships won't even budge much below MSRP at all.

I found smaller local or regional dealerships more willing to negotiate then the larger volume ones (Lazy Day's...).

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast