User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Working with my local Tennessee dealer, and we are at 30% off. Currently looking at adding one more thing to it, and then I will order it. This is for a 320G
    We live in TN & are ready to order an Imagine. What dealership are you working with?

Thanks for the info.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    We live in TN & are ready to order an Imagine. What dealership are you working with?

Thanks for the info.

Dave
    Answered with a PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    What you guys said...

I am in TN and quoting various dealers within a 4-5 hour radius. I am at about 29% for a dealer at the edge of my radius right now, so if you have someone at 30% that is more local, I want to know!

I just reached out to the one additional TN dealer that is not a "big guy" (Lazydays) this morning, but have not received response to send them my build sheet.

For what it's worth, I am looking at purchasing a 395M-S - options include 1/2 bath, 3rd AC, 8K axle with discs (discs are "necessary" whether on it from new, or I put them on, and I want the 21K GVWR), dual pane windows (struggled with this one, but this is a long term purchase), Gen II 3 season door, Generator, Happijack, rear deck with awning, and slide toppers. We have decided against solar, since I plan to do my own system and make it scalable but with larger ultimate capacity.

I would love full body paint, but just no way I can justify that for the 12k+ MSRP/9ish K street price, as well as the additional month. I am hoping to get the unit in time to have at least one shake-down weekend and then take it to CO for a week or so in mid July. Everyone is saying that the factory is currently at 14-16 weeks without body paint.

I will keep everyone informed on where we end up.
    Would you mind identifying the dealers? (I’m not a dealer looking for inside information).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30% below MSRP is common

I live in the Portland Oregon area. I shopped several dealerships and ended up going to Blue Dog RV in Redmond, OR. I built a 2021 Momentum 376THS with an an MSRP of $149K. I chose almost every option to include paint. I was able to get it for $104,900 which is about 30% off. Dealers won’t automatically give this to you. Tell them up front that what you want. To the person that said you can’t get discounts your completely wrong. In fact after I put my deposit down another dealer called and offered me a deal of $101,000 but it was too late. That dealer was Roberson in Salem, OR.

QUOTE=2fiftyr;346350]Curious what percentage below MSRP (or GD Build Sheet) others have paid for their Momentum Toy Haulers in the last 12-15 months. Several factors I know come into play (the virus, seasonality, supply/demand, etc.)

I'm in Idaho and currently negotiating with a dealer to order a 2021 395MS. Ordering with paint, King Bed, and a few other options. I'm close to about 25% off MSRP and I seem to be close to getting them to agree. No trade-in and I can pay cash or finance if it benefits them to get a lender kick-back.

I'm just trying to determine if any dealers around the country have recently budged for 30% or more below MSRP. I have two other data points from 2018 and 2020 that others paid about 20% and 25% respectfully.

I know even at these percentage, these dealers are still making a good amount of money.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on their purchase and any tips too that might help. I've bought/sold a few 5th Toyhaulers over the last 25 years and all new-used private party. So that's a whole different ball game.[/QUOTE]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a follow up on my personal situation:

Reminder - shopping for a 2021 395M-S

I am happy to openly list what dealers I quoted. If anyone wants details on pricing or discounts, I will be happy to answer via PM. The dealers quoted were:

Schaeffer's RV in PA
    McDowell South RV in Belle Terre, MO
    Northgate RV in GA
    Great American RV (formerly Dixie) in Calera AL
    Campers Inn RV, Madison AL
    Cookeville RV in Cookeville TN
    Lazydays RV in Murfreesboro TN

Original quotes were made without full body paint. I got final quotes from just a few competitive dealers with the full body paint.

Range of discount off MSRP was a low of 22%, and a high of 29.67% (couldn't quite get to 30!)

Final quotes with full body paint dropped those numbers a bit (they don't discount the paint quite as much) by about 1.2-1.4% less discount.

We placed our order yesterday!
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ll we still haven’t picked it up but we have done our first PDI on it. They are working off the punch list items while we wait for the weather to clear up some. I don’t want my first 5er drive to be in a snow/sleet storm...

I called around and got quotes from about 10 dealers in FL, GA, NC, VA, OH, IN, MI and NY. I was looking for an “on the lot pick up now” deal (didn’t want to deal with ordering). There were a few 2020’s 353G’s left on the lots but they weren’t significantly cheaper. I asked each dealer to give me their best OTD price. I had quotes from 78k down to 61k for just the rig (obviously more OTD or but trying to compare apples to apples ish). All of them were about 84-86k MSRP. I got 2 of the dealers to 65k out the door so we went with the closer one, General RV. Service has been great so far and we are really happy. They did play some numbers games and said I got the rig for like 56 and 2k for PDI, 2k for freight, yada, yada but I was only concerned about he OTD price. If ya’ll are on the east coast looking at General RV PM me and I’ll give you my salesmen. Great, didn’t waste our time with BS stuff over all very happy.

I did try to go to my local mom-n-pop dealer but they didn’t give me the time of day. I walked in knew what I wanted and filled out a build sheet and ask for a quote. 3-4 days later I called and it’s been 2 weeks now and I still haven’t got a quote. They even gave me a long story about how the big box’s can’t compete with their customer service.
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LivyZoe Glad to hear you're happy (so far) with General RV. We have been talking to General RV outside of Salt Lake and they have had the best prices so far.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    Curious what percentage below MSRP (or GD Build Sheet) others have paid for their Momentum Toy Haulers in the last 12-15 months. Several factors I know come into play (the virus, seasonality, supply/demand, etc.)

I'm in Idaho and currently negotiating with a dealer to order a 2021 395MS. Ordering with paint, King Bed, and a few other options. I'm close to about 25% off MSRP and I seem to be close to getting them to agree. No trade-in and I can pay cash or finance if it benefits them to get a lender kick-back.

I'm just trying to determine if any dealers around the country have recently budged for 30% or more below MSRP. I have two other data points from 2018 and 2020 that others paid about 20% and 25% respectfully.

I know even at these percentage, these dealers are still making a good amount of money.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on their purchase and any tips too that might help. I've bought/sold a few 5th Toyhaulers over the last 25 years and all new-used private party. So that's a whole different ball game.
    We purchase pre-pandemic at 36% 2020 395

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    We purchase pre-pandemic at 36% 2020 395
    We just purchased a 2021 Solitude 3540 GK in January, got 25% off MSRP. Bought it off the lot so no order-and-build. It was configured with 3 ACs so I have an "extra" AC if one goes out ! This was at Windish RV in Lakewood, CO.

6 years ago we bought a Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS and got 30% off MSRP, so 25% in the pandemic / supply chain disruption / new rush of people getting into RVing era seems reasonable.
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered our 320G yesterday before the price increase. Sticker as the dealer made the build sheet was $93,500. We ended up at $65,500 plus our local sales tax which is $500. I could not get them to throw in a set of solid steps but they did split the cost with me so I got them for $218. We beat the price increase. The process and dealer have been good so far.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast