I have probably read every solar thread on the site; so much so, I know stuff but can’t find the source for why I know it. I’m installing solar on a Reflection 320MKS 5th wheel that has a 10 degree roof down slope where most of the panels will go. I’m trying to calculate how much I need to oversize my panels for 50 amps into my 12V system (600w). Most of my boon docking trips will not be in un-shaded Nevada summer sunlight. I know I will get different performance pointed north than pointed south. I also have spent way too much time positioning my unit for my direct TV disk to have clear view of the southern sky to know it is hard not to be in some shade.

That is a lot of preamble for a simple question of how much! This question is to those that have solar installed. What have you experienced? How much panel wattage do you have installed and how many amps are delivered to the batteries? What were the conditions; direct sun, full shade (heavy forest), partially shaded, summer sun, winter sun, RV type and roof slope? I would appreciate it if you could quantify as much as you can and share your experiences.