User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Tpms cost benefit

I have to admit I do not know why I would spend $600 for a Lippert tpms when I see many on Amazon for 150. Does anyone out there understand why there would be such a price premium for the Lippert system am I missing something?My my solitude comes prepped with a lippert system so I’ve been doing a little research and trying to understand this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretzer View Post
    I have to admit I do not know why I would spend $600 for a Lippert tpms when I see many on Amazon for 150. Does anyone out there understand why there would be such a price premium for the Lippert system am I missing something?My my solitude comes prepped with a lippert system so I’ve been doing a little research and trying to understand this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
    I can't speak about the Lippert but if you choose not to go with it be sure to research the system you choose before buying it. There are lots of systems to choose from and like anything else some are better then others and some might not work for your setup.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first TPMS cost $700, it doesn't have nearly the functionality of the current one. I haven't replace it, it's nearly 10 years old. So not knowing about the LCI system nor any of the cheaper systems I can't give you the specifics you want. My only positive input to your questions is that the price is not way out of line for a good system, yes there will be lots of cheaper ones, all the way down to junk.

But what ever you do, please get a TPMS system. You cannot feel a tire fail on a 5th wheel, the damage difference between knowing you have a flat and running for a while is significant.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I bought the Lippert TPMS system bought it right off Lippert from the USA and ship to Canada was still a couple hundred dollars cheaper than from Amazon decided to go for the high-quality system. Now I have to worry about his duty and taxes at the border I guess but hopefully it will be a couple hundred bucks cheaper still
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    Andersen hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a premium for the name that's a given; maybe even some customer service and warranty. I simply purchased a few less expensive systems and found one that worked great, sent the others back, and saved a lot of money on something that provides the same benefits. Cheers.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 259.99 not 700

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fyi. I have this one and it works great with Goodyear Endurance tires where the Max pressure is 80psi.

Price is not $700 but closer to $250.

Check this out at Amazon
    Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Smart LCD Display, Auto Sleep Mode, with 4 External Tpms Sensor (0-87 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085C2HMQP...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cost in Canada is 700 including the dongle. I guess decided on the LCI as my solitude is prewired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    Andersen hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Fyi. I have this one and it works great with Goodyear Endurance tires where the Max pressure is 80psi.

Price is not $700 but closer to $250.

Check this out at Amazon
    Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Smart LCD Display, Auto Sleep Mode, with 4 External Tpms Sensor (0-87 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085C2HMQP...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Howdy - have you had a chance to install and use this yet?
    I was going to go with Lippert, but don't like the lack of notification unless you buy the +$70 more dollars unit.
    Going to get a set of these, don't want to mess with the headaches of modifying and installing the factory Chevy sensors.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Howdy - have you had a chance to install and use this yet?
    I was going to go with Lippert, but don't like the lack of notification unless you buy the +$70 more dollars unit.
    Going to get a set of these, don't want to mess with the headaches of modifying and installing the factory Chevy sensors.
    Using this set for about 6 months now; no problems.

Also like the weather proofing rubber sleeve that goes over each sensor.
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast