Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    I was able to get out and hitch our Solitude 2930 to our new 2021 3500 Denali. I have adequate clearance between tailgate, cab and front cap and bed rails. I measured 3" of squat when hitched to the B&W Companion hitch. I had to re adjust my hitch to the mid height position which sits at 18". This gave me 7" of bedrail to bottom of fifth wheel clearance. I cant make a full 90 degree turn but I dont think this will be an issue. I have more cab clearance with this truck then my 2016 Silverado and never had any issues. Debating if I should add the GM rear view camera. Anyone done that. I love the cameras on the truck and the light check feature. Still learning all the bells and whistles. I notice that towing with the Companion hitch I hear a clunking noise every now and then. Is that what they call chucking? I ask because I never had any noise with my B&W Patriot slider hitch in my 2016 Silverado. Overall pleased with with this setup.
    What is your distance from the front of the bed back to the center of the hitch where the king pin connects. I need to set up my hitch but not sure how far back from the front of the bed I need to be. Thanks
    Gordon and Renee
    Grafton, Ohio
    (Previous)2019 Reflection 303 RLS (05-2018)
    2020 Solitude 310 GK (09-2020)
    2019 GMC Denali HD 3500 4X4 SRW 6.6 Duramax (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali HD 3500 4X4 SRW 6.6 Duramax on order

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unable to get you the distance. Just had surgery. I have the B&W Companion hitch. It has two mounting positions. Directly over the rear axle or two inches behind the axle. Mine sits two inches behind the axle. Haven’t had any issues turning. I can’t make a 90 degree turn but I can live with that. The one issue I’ve had is that this 3500 Denali suspension is a lot stiffer then my previous truck. It’s jarred several trim pieces loose in our Solitude 2930. Thinking I might relocate hitch over the axle to smooth things out. If that doesn’t help perhaps a new pin box with shocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12