User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Have you considered the Reese Goose Box?

I have researched both an have decided to go with the Reese Goose Box for all the same reasons that make the Andersen desirable. I just think the Goose Box offers more and it is approved by Lippert.

Good Luck! I also have a Ram Short Bed.
    Would you share your configuration in regards to the goose box? Which model of 5th wheel, OEM pucks or something like the B&W turnover with offset ball? That sort of thing. Also what clearance and turning radius you get?

Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Would you share your configuration in regards to the goose box? Which model of 5th wheel, OEM pucks or something like the B&W turnover with offset ball? That sort of thing. Also what clearance and turning radius you get?

Thanks.
    I have not purchased yet, but I have the OEM puck system. I was going to get the Reese Goose Box and use the B&W OEM ball and chain set up.

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...fety-chain-kit

Now I think I am going to wait until after the COVID madness to upgrade my camper and roll with my current rig a few more years.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a Reese Goosebox YouTube video, it’s a pretty sweet setup. The only advantage I see with the AUH is the ability to quickly move the fifth wheel adapter to another rig and pull it. The Gooseball is a solid solution to cutting out the 150+ pounds of iron in the bed of the truck. My main reason for going with the AUH was hitch weight as I use the bed of my truck frequently. I didn’t know the Gooseball existed.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo337 View Post
    Thanks guys this has been very helpful, and thank you Rob for correcting my spelling I’m going to pick up an AUH this week.
    Jim
    We're getting our first 5th wheel in a few weeks, and trying to decide on a hitch. We have a 2018 Ram 2500 crew cab, short bed without factory 5th wheel prep, and getting a Reflection 260RD that comes with a Curt Turning Point pin box. I'd love to know what your experience has been in terms of cab clearance and bed rails and tailgate clearance. Any regrets? What pin box do you have on your 5th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trading in my 2017 Imagine 2950RL for a 2024 Reflection 337RLS this weekend. The dealer is installing the Andersen Ultimate Fifth Well hitch on my GMC 2500 Sierra crew cab 4x4. Excited but wanting to understand what I need to know about the 5th wheel. For instance do I need a tripod for the kind pin?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everything in life: It depends. M0stly it depends 0n h0w n0ticeable, and irritating, y0u find any m0vement. We carried, and used 0ne f0r a c0uple years, but never felt it did en0ugh g00d t0 0ffset the pain it was t0 carry ar0und. Best thing t0 d0 is set up a few times and see if y0u n0tice any m0vement, and if it b0thers y0u. If s0, I w0uld bypass the trip0d and spend the m0ney 0n s0mething like the JT Str0ngarms. They w0rk great, and, while m0re expensive, are much m0re effective than the trip0d. We have n0ticed n0t en0ugh m0vement in 0ur M0mentum t0 be addressed.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampsterD View Post
    We're getting our first 5th wheel in a few weeks, and trying to decide on a hitch. We have a 2018 Ram 2500 crew cab, short bed without factory 5th wheel prep, and getting a Reflection 260RD that comes with a Curt Turning Point pin box. I'd love to know what your experience has been in terms of cab clearance and bed rails and tailgate clearance. Any regrets? What pin box do you have on your 5th?
    Also have a 260RD with the Andersen hitch (Turning Point locked). So far no issues. In my experience, the Andersen is very easy to hitch up and also light enough to easily get it out of the bed when needed.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12